3.0 UGPA 175 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hunter222

3.0 UGPA 175 LSAT

Postby hunter222 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:22 am

Opinions on my best plan for applying to law schools? My goal is essentially to maximize potential scholarship money at the best possible school.

*Would consider my softs less than stellar and I am still an undergrad student, so no distance from my GPA.

Greenteachurro
"Big Bang Theory is great, actually."

Re: 3.0 UGPA 175 LSAT

Postby Greenteachurro » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am

hunter222 wrote:Opinions on my best plan for applying to law schools? My goal is essentially to maximize potential scholarship money at the best possible school.

*Would consider my softs less than stellar and I am still an undergrad student, so no distance from my GPA.

I think the conventional TLS wisdom is to blanket the T-14 (minus YHS) and then apply to WUSTL for huge scholarship money. I guess also to focus on splitter friendly schools like UVA, NU (but I'm pretty sure NU likes some work experience), and I think Duke. I'd probably also apply to a strong regional in the area you think you want to practice and see what happens there.

hunter222

Postby hunter222 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:39 am

Greenteachurro wrote:
hunter222 wrote:Opinions on my best plan for applying to law schools? My goal is essentially to maximize potential scholarship money at the best possible school.

I think the conventional TLS wisdom is to blanket the T-14 (minus YHS) and then apply to WUSTL for huge scholarship money. I guess also to focus on splitter friendly schools like UVA, NU (but I'm pretty sure NU likes some work experience), and I think Duke. I'd probably also apply to a strong regional in the area you think you want to practice and see what happens there.

How realistic are my chances at a full ride to WashU in your opinion?

Greenteachurro
"Big Bang Theory is great, actually."

Postby Greenteachurro » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:46 am

Hard to say, according to Mylsn, http://mylsn.info/btpd5j/, not great I guess. But, I don't really know much about their admissions process.

Return to “What are my chances?”