Splitter; Northwestern Law [Unique] Question Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ceepaige1

New

Splitter; Northwestern Law [Unique] Question

Post by ceepaige1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:15 pm

2.9/170 Stats

Northwestern is one of the schools that I am going to apply to (either next cycle or the cycle after) and I feel that with a 170, I'll have somewhat of a shot. I applied to the law school a year ago and signed up to an online interview. But because of a negative financial situation, law school was not a possibility for me then so I did not finish my applications. Northwestern said "if you do not complete the video interview by a certain date, your application will be submitted without the interview." I never completed or canceled the interview nor did I submit an application. But, when I apply this time around, will they see that I bailed on the video interview? Will it hurt my chances at NU? Do I need to write an addendum or something about this?

Any insight would be so helpful. Thanks
Last edited by ceepaige1 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Re: Splitter; Northwestern Law [Unique] Question

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Don't worry about it. Just apply and interview next cycle.

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:22 pm

I mean, if you never submitted an application to NU, I doubt they'll even have a file on you (willing to admit I could absolutely be wrong on this as I haven't applied to NU recently to know their admissions office practices). You could include a very brief addendum just to hedge your bets, explaining that you previously meant to apply and decided to withdraw prior to applying because of personal reasons and leave it at that.

As for whether it'll hurt you or affect your chances, I'd say not likely. NU is arguably the most splitter friendly T13, and they might covet your 170 LSAT enough to accept you.

Edit: fixing syntax

ceepaige1

New

Post by ceepaige1 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:27 pm

UVA2B wrote:I mean, if you never submitted an application to NU, I doubt they'll even have a file on you (willing to admit I could absolutely be wrong on this as I haven't applied to NU recently to know their admissions office practices). You could include a very brief addendum just to hedge your bets, explaining that you previously meant to apply and decided to withdraw prior to applying because of personal reasons and leave it at that.

As for whether it'll hurt you or affect your chances, I'd say not likely. NU is arguably the most splitter friendly T13, and they might covet your 170 LSAT enough to accept you.

Edit: fixing syntax
Okay, thanks! I'm not sure if I want to do an addendum, just because I don't want to bring attention to an issue they might not even know about (like you said, odds are they probably don't have a file on me).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”