Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
svanderwoodsen
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby svanderwoodsen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Like I've said in previous forums on here, GULC is my dream law school. But with a 3.1 & 162, I have no shot at the school right now. I'm eligible to take the December 2017 LSAT exam and plan to do so, because I know that I can do better on the exam (and because my work schedule will give me more time to study between now and December). As of right now, I have three LSAT scores: cancel, 162, 162.

1. How likely will GULC average my LSAT scores? I'd prefer that they take my highest score, but their website indicates otherwise.

2. I'm planning on applying ED to GULC with my 3.1 & 162, and will update them when my Dec. score comes back in Jan. Will I be rejected by the university before then?

Any advice on how to maximize my chances at GULC would be highly appreciated! I've spent my whole life in DC and would love to attend GULC if I have the chance.

User avatar
slurp
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby slurp » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:37 pm

i think you'd need a 168+ (above 75th) to offset your below 25% percentile GPA. if you hit that 168+, I highly doubt you taking it four times will matter, regardless of what their website says

User avatar
svanderwoodsen
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby svanderwoodsen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:52 pm

slurp wrote:i think you'd need a 168+ (above 75th) to offset your below 25% percentile GPA. if you hit that 168+, I highly doubt you taking it four times will matter, regardless of what their website says


That's the score that I'm working to hit (168-169) Does GULC normally average multiple LSAT scores? Their website says that they do, but I've heard differently from TLSers. Also, if I apply ED, will I be rejected before scores come out?

User avatar
slurp
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby slurp » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:00 pm

from what i've read, t14 schools who say they average LSAT scores actually don't, including GULC. GULC ED states they get back to you within 3 weeks of you applying, so idk the best way for you to approach this. I would probably apply a week before score release date and go from there.

i mean really, GULC is risky at sticker price and you should strongly consider other options before ED'ing anyways.

User avatar
svanderwoodsen
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby svanderwoodsen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:12 pm

slurp wrote:from what i've read, t14 schools who say they average LSAT scores actually don't, including GULC. GULC ED states they get back to you within 3 weeks of you applying, so idk the best way for you to approach this. I would probably apply a week before score release date and go from there.

i mean really, GULC is risky at sticker price and you should strongly consider other options before ED'ing anyways.


But would I be outright rejected or just deferred to RD? I think with my 3.1 & 162, I wouldn't get in ED anyway. It's just my #1 choice and I want to show them that I'm committing to attending there. I feel like if my LSAT score doesn't improve much, having an application in as soon as possible would boost my chances, especially if I apply ED. But I'm not sure how to approach this either lol

whodareswins
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby whodareswins » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:04 pm

svanderwoodsen wrote:
slurp wrote:from what i've read, t14 schools who say they average LSAT scores actually don't, including GULC. GULC ED states they get back to you within 3 weeks of you applying, so idk the best way for you to approach this. I would probably apply a week before score release date and go from there.

i mean really, GULC is risky at sticker price and you should strongly consider other options before ED'ing anyways.


But would I be outright rejected or just deferred to RD? I think with my 3.1 & 162, I wouldn't get in ED anyway. It's just my #1 choice and I want to show them that I'm committing to attending there. I feel like if my LSAT score doesn't improve much, having an application in as soon as possible would boost my chances, especially if I apply ED. But I'm not sure how to approach this either lol


Check LSN. 162 paired with an extremely low gpa is not getting you into GULC. You'd be lucky to snag BU/Emory/ND with those numbers. Unless you are an URM, then the situation changes. If that is not the case, either retake or set more realistic goals.

User avatar
svanderwoodsen
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby svanderwoodsen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:22 pm

whodareswins wrote:
svanderwoodsen wrote:
slurp wrote:from what i've read, t14 schools who say they average LSAT scores actually don't, including GULC. GULC ED states they get back to you within 3 weeks of you applying, so idk the best way for you to approach this. I would probably apply a week before score release date and go from there.

i mean really, GULC is risky at sticker price and you should strongly consider other options before ED'ing anyways.


But would I be outright rejected or just deferred to RD? I think with my 3.1 & 162, I wouldn't get in ED anyway. It's just my #1 choice and I want to show them that I'm committing to attending there. I feel like if my LSAT score doesn't improve much, having an application in as soon as possible would boost my chances, especially if I apply ED. But I'm not sure how to approach this either lol


Check LSN. 162 paired with an extremely low gpa is not getting you into GULC. You'd be lucky to snag BU/Emory/ND with those numbers. Unless you are an URM, then the situation changes. If that is not the case, either retake or set more realistic goals.


You missed my whole question. I'm very aware of this, why is exactly I'm re-taking the LSAT this December. :roll: My question was about: 1. When I should submit my application and 2. Whether my scores will be averaged by GULC or not. Read the actual question next time, before you answer on a forum.

goldenbear2020
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby goldenbear2020 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:26 pm

1. No, they will take your highest score.
2. Submit your ED app at the end of December so you're complete as soon as the Dec score comes out in early January. No point in submitting earlier with auto reject numbers.

User avatar
svanderwoodsen
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby svanderwoodsen » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:38 pm

goldenbear2020 wrote:1. No, they will take your highest score.
2. Submit your ED app at the end of December so you're complete as soon as the Dec score comes out in early January. No point in submitting earlier with auto reject numbers.


Okay, thanks! I think that's what I'll do. I wonder why GULC talks about averaging multiple LSAT scores on their website, when they don't seem to actually do that.

whodareswins
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby whodareswins » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:03 am

svanderwoodsen wrote:
whodareswins wrote:
svanderwoodsen wrote:
slurp wrote:from what i've read, t14 schools who say they average LSAT scores actually don't, including GULC. GULC ED states they get back to you within 3 weeks of you applying, so idk the best way for you to approach this. I would probably apply a week before score release date and go from there.

i mean really, GULC is risky at sticker price and you should strongly consider other options before ED'ing anyways.


But would I be outright rejected or just deferred to RD? I think with my 3.1 & 162, I wouldn't get in ED anyway. It's just my #1 choice and I want to show them that I'm committing to attending there. I feel like if my LSAT score doesn't improve much, having an application in as soon as possible would boost my chances, especially if I apply ED. But I'm not sure how to approach this either lol


Check LSN. 162 paired with an extremely low gpa is not getting you into GULC. You'd be lucky to snag BU/Emory/ND with those numbers. Unless you are an URM, then the situation changes. If that is not the case, either retake or set more realistic goals.


You missed my whole question. I'm very aware of this, why is exactly I'm re-taking the LSAT this December. :roll: My question was about: 1. When I should submit my application and 2. Whether my scores will be averaged by GULC or not. Read the actual question next time, before you answer on a forum.


I'll match your last condescending sentence with this: Do well in college next time, before you apply to law school. Call me pessimistic but a cancel/162/162 makes me think your ceiling is around a 162. I sincerely wish you luck because you'll need it.

User avatar
svanderwoodsen
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby svanderwoodsen » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:53 am

whodareswins wrote:
svanderwoodsen wrote:
whodareswins wrote:
svanderwoodsen wrote:
slurp wrote:from what i've read, t14 schools who say they average LSAT scores actually don't, including GULC. GULC ED states they get back to you within 3 weeks of you applying, so idk the best way for you to approach this. I would probably apply a week before score release date and go from there.

i mean really, GULC is risky at sticker price and you should strongly consider other options before ED'ing anyways.


But would I be outright rejected or just deferred to RD? I think with my 3.1 & 162, I wouldn't get in ED anyway. It's just my #1 choice and I want to show them that I'm committing to attending there. I feel like if my LSAT score doesn't improve much, having an application in as soon as possible would boost my chances, especially if I apply ED. But I'm not sure how to approach this either lol


Check LSN. 162 paired with an extremely low gpa is not getting you into GULC. You'd be lucky to snag BU/Emory/ND with those numbers. Unless you are an URM, then the situation changes. If that is not the case, either retake or set more realistic goals.


You missed my whole question. I'm very aware of this, why is exactly I'm re-taking the LSAT this December. :roll: My question was about: 1. When I should submit my application and 2. Whether my scores will be averaged by GULC or not. Read the actual question next time, before you answer on a forum.


I'll match your last condescending sentence with this: Do well in college next time, before you apply to law school. Call me pessimistic but a cancel/162/162 makes me think your ceiling is around a 162. I sincerely wish you luck because you'll need it.


You know absolutely nothing about me - because if you did, you'd know that there was a situation beyond my control that affected my UGPA greatly. Furthermore, for the last two years I've been a paralegal at a top law firm, so I haven't had much time to study. But sure, continue to speculate without any information on my life at all. If you aren't going to offer helpful advice, don't bother commenting on my posts, you dunce.

User avatar
88234
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:02 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby 88234 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:35 pm

svanderwoodsen wrote:
whodareswins wrote:
svanderwoodsen wrote:
whodareswins wrote:
svanderwoodsen wrote:
slurp wrote:from what i've read, t14 schools who say they average LSAT scores actually don't, including GULC. GULC ED states they get back to you within 3 weeks of you applying, so idk the best way for you to approach this. I would probably apply a week before score release date and go from there.

i mean really, GULC is risky at sticker price and you should strongly consider other options before ED'ing anyways.


But would I be outright rejected or just deferred to RD? I think with my 3.1 & 162, I wouldn't get in ED anyway. It's just my #1 choice and I want to show them that I'm committing to attending there. I feel like if my LSAT score doesn't improve much, having an application in as soon as possible would boost my chances, especially if I apply ED. But I'm not sure how to approach this either lol


Check LSN. 162 paired with an extremely low gpa is not getting you into GULC. You'd be lucky to snag BU/Emory/ND with those numbers. Unless you are an URM, then the situation changes. If that is not the case, either retake or set more realistic goals.


You missed my whole question. I'm very aware of this, why is exactly I'm re-taking the LSAT this December. :roll: My question was about: 1. When I should submit my application and 2. Whether my scores will be averaged by GULC or not. Read the actual question next time, before you answer on a forum.


I'll match your last condescending sentence with this: Do well in college next time, before you apply to law school. Call me pessimistic but a cancel/162/162 makes me think your ceiling is around a 162. I sincerely wish you luck because you'll need it.


You know absolutely nothing about me - because if you did, you'd know that there was a situation beyond my control that affected my UGPA greatly. Furthermore, for the last two years I've been a paralegal at a top law firm, so I haven't had much time to study. But sure, continue to speculate without any information on my life at all. If you aren't going to offer helpful advice, don't bother commenting on my posts, you dunce.


ad hominem is an excellent strategy ya'll. I encourage y'all to keep it up, esp. if we attend the same law school.

User avatar
Neil_Gorsuch
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:12 pm

Re: Will 4 LSAT scores affect my chances at GULC?

Postby Neil_Gorsuch » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:32 pm

slurp wrote:i think you'd need a 168+ (above 75th) to offset your below 25% percentile GPA. if you hit that 168+, I highly doubt you taking it four times will matter, regardless of what their website says


+1




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests