Is Feb LSAT too late for GULC? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hayleyc

New

Is Feb LSAT too late for GULC?

Post by hayleyc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:31 pm

GULC is technically my reach school and I took Feb LSAT hoping that my score would be within range.

Is it too late to apply at this point?

floatie

Silver

Re: Is Feb LSAT too late for GULC?

Post by floatie » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:48 pm

According to their admissions director, its technically not too late but it will put your application at a disadvantage. Generally, applying anywhere this cycle with a Feb. LSAT is ill-advised. You'd be better off waiting until next cycle to maximize your scholarship chances.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:50 pm

hayleyc wrote:GULC is technically my reach school and I took Feb LSAT hoping that my score would be within range.

I wouldn't bother if it's your reach school. Because it's so late, if you get in you will be paying sticker/full tuition which is a baaaaaad idea.

hayleyc

New

Post by hayleyc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:50 pm

floatie wrote:According to their admissions director, its technically not too late but it will put your application at a disadvantage. Generally, applying anywhere this cycle with a Feb. LSAT is ill-advised. You'd be better off waiting until next cycle to maximize your scholarship chances.
I'm actually not really thinking in terms of scholarship, just an admit itself. I haven't decided on where I want to attend, but I have my financial situation for law school planned out. I was just wondering if I would have any chance of an admit at this point.

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:53 pm

hayleyc wrote:
floatie wrote:According to their admissions director, its technically not too late but it will put your application at a disadvantage. Generally, applying anywhere this cycle with a Feb. LSAT is ill-advised. You'd be better off waiting until next cycle to maximize your scholarship chances.
I'm actually not really thinking in terms of scholarship, just an admit itself. I haven't decided on where I want to attend, but I have my financial situation for law school planned out. I was just wondering if I would have any chance of an admit at this point.
You have a chance, sure, but at this point there aren't many spots left in the class, as GULC does rolling admissions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:55 pm

hayleyc wrote:I have my financial situation for law school planned out.
What do you mean by this? You're not thinking of taking out 300k in loans right?

hayleyc

New

Post by hayleyc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:58 pm

dm1683 wrote:
What do you mean by this? You're not thinking of taking out 300k in loans right?
No, I'm not taking out loans. But I'd rather not discuss my financial situation on a public forum.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:59 pm

hayleyc wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
No, I'm not taking out loans. But I'd rather not discuss my financial situation on a public forum.
OK that's all we needed to know. Good luck with the app.

hayleyc

New

Post by hayleyc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:01 pm

dm1683 wrote:
hayleyc wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
OK that's all we needed to know. Good luck with the app.
Thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hayleyc

New

Post by hayleyc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:25 pm

floatie wrote:
hayleyc wrote:
You have a chance, sure, but at this point there aren't many spots left in the class, as GULC does rolling admissions.
Even if it is a reach school for me?

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 pm

hayleyc wrote:
floatie wrote:
hayleyc wrote:
I mean I wouldn't get your hopes up or anything, but depending on your stats its not like you have a 0% chance of getting in.

hayleyc

New

Post by hayleyc » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:47 pm

floatie wrote:
hayleyc wrote:
floatie wrote:
hayleyc wrote:
I mean I wouldn't get your hopes up or anything, but depending on your stats its not like you have a 0% chance of getting in.
Thanks! I figure it's worth the application so I'll go ahead and apply and hope for the best!

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:00 pm

If you can afford sticker, you can afford the app fee. So why not? Give it a shot.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mj33

New

Post by mj33 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Just out of curiosity, why is it bad this cycle in particular to apply with a Feb LSAT score?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:25 pm

mj33 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why is it bad this cycle in particular to apply with a Feb LSAT score?
He wasn't referring to this cycle (as in the 2017 admissions cycle) in particular. Generally, you don't want to use your February LSAT for a late application, because it significantly affects your chances at admission and scholarship money.

mj33

New

Post by mj33 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:27 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
mj33 wrote:
He wasn't referring to this cycle (as in the 2017 admissions cycle) in particular. Generally, you don't want to use your February LSAT for a late application, because it significantly affects your chances at admission and scholarship money.
Gotcha, thank you! I'm definitely feeling that with my applications (took the Feb LSAT). I've been accepted to great schools with decent $$, but still waiting on a good number of them where I'm a splitter.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:17 am

hayleyc wrote:GULC is technically my reach school and I took Feb LSAT hoping that my score would be within range.

I would not recommend doing that. I have written an optional essay just for Georgetown, and my numbers make me a splitter. But based on past cycles, I should have more than 70% chance of getting into Georgetown, since I have an LSAT a few points above their 75%. That said, I applied in Feb, and got priority waitlisted without an interview. Barring some horrendous mistake I made on my apps, I am thinking maybe it has to do with my late application. And they are probably out of spots in their class already.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “What are my chances?”