What are my chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Plurple_Unicorn

New

What are my chances?

Postby Plurple_Unicorn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:24 am

My lsat is 1 point below the 25th percentile, but my GPA is way above 75th percentile. I have great softs/work experience. What are my chances of getting in? Am I freaking out for no reason? I am out of state (by several thousand miles), not sure if that helps...

ToGetIntoTheBoysHole

New

Re: What are my chances?

Postby ToGetIntoTheBoysHole » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:40 am

Without additional information, this post is useless.
Last edited by ToGetIntoTheBoysHole on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:42 am

Did you mean to post this in a school-specific thread?

Plurple_Unicorn

New

Postby Plurple_Unicorn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:01 am

I meant it as a general question. I'm not sure what other information you need...ask away

Guyver

New

Postby Guyver » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:05 am

I think they meant to ask what are your exact scores, to be specific ? LSAT + GPA . Where are you trying to apply ?

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Postby Litt1tUp » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:07 am

Plurple_Unicorn wrote:I meant it as a general question. I'm not sure what other information you need...ask away

I think people need to see what school you are talking about because it's not clear from what you originally posted. Also there is a specific board called "what are my chances?" where you should post this questions.

Lastly, you'll receive many responses saying check mylsn or lawschoolnumbers ! Unless you have some super soft (Rhodes, Fulbright, Invented FB or something) number predictions are pretty accurate!

Plurple_Unicorn

New

Postby Plurple_Unicorn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:11 am

Guyver wrote:I think they meant to ask what are your exact scores, to be specific ? LSAT + GPA . Where are you trying to apply ?

I went to a top ranked liberal arts school and graduated with honors (3.7 gpa). My LSAT is 154. I'm applying to Tulane.

Guyver

New

Postby Guyver » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:16 am

Plurple_Unicorn wrote:
Guyver wrote:I think they meant to ask what are your exact scores, to be specific ? LSAT + GPA . Where are you trying to apply ?

I went to a top ranked liberal arts school and graduated with honors (3.7 gpa). My LSAT is 154. I'm applying to Tulane.

With these scores, you will fit in with a good scholarship, based on their 509 report. If you want to retake the LSAT and shoot for 160 to maximize your chances for a better scholarship that would be a better course action.

http://www.law.tulane.edu/uploadedFiles ... ll2015.pdf

Plurple_Unicorn

New

Postby Plurple_Unicorn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:20 am

Guyver wrote:
Plurple_Unicorn wrote:

With these scores, you will fit in with a good scholarship, based on their 509 report. If you want to retake the LSAT and shoot for 160 to maximize your chances for a better scholarship that would be a better course action.

Thanks for the input! I think I'm over thinking this.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Postby trebekismyhero » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Guyver wrote:
Plurple_Unicorn wrote:

What are you talking about? A 154 is below their 25th median and only one person even got accepted with similar stats the last few years to Tulane. Did I miss that OP is a URM or something?

OP needs to retake

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:21 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:
Guyver wrote:based on their 509 report.
What are you talking about? Did I miss ... something?

Whenever you get a sage based on their 509 that is so far removed from what a 509 actually tells you, this is the only correct response.

OP: we don't know what your chances are, really. The combination of your numbers and target school mean information is hard to come by. I would guess you get in. I would guess you'd be asked to pay upwards of $150,000 in tuition + 3yrs living expenses. There is almost no situation where taking out so much debt for Tulane is a good idea.

Why Tulane if you are so far from New Orleans? Have you already taken the LSAT 3 times?

Return to “What are my chances??