Looking for Advice...

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Litt1tUp

Bronze

Looking for Advice...

Postby Litt1tUp » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:29 pm

So I have taken the LSAT twice... 162 1st time, 167 2nd time... I was PTing at 171 after 1 year of studying and last june when i took my 2nd lsat, I made some seriously careless errors.... Anyways I applied this cycle and have gotten into schools that I wanted, but then I went on this site and gotten more debt averse which motivated me to try again.

I have signed up for the June LSAT and I am looking for some advice:
1. Should I pay the seat deposit for a school in case I don't do well?
2. How much of a score increase would be enough to be comfortable skipping out this cycle and applying again next cycle?
3. How do schools take it? Meaning would I get accepted to the same schools next year with a higher score.... how would you explain to a school that you retook the test for more scholarship?

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated! If this isn't the right place to post this, please let me know! Really new to this forum!

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Looking for Advice...

Postby trebekismyhero » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Litt1tUp wrote:So I have taken the LSAT twice... 162 1st time, 167 2nd time... I was PTing at 171 after 1 year of studying and last june when i took my 2nd lsat, I made some seriously careless errors.... Anyways I applied this cycle and have gotten into schools that I wanted, but then I went on this site and gotten more debt averse which motivated me to try again.

2. How much of a score increase would be enough to be comfortable skipping out this cycle and applying again next cycle?
3. How do schools take it? Meaning would I get accepted to the same schools next year with a higher score.... how would you explain to a school that you retook the test for more scholarship?

Anyways, any advice would be appreciated! If this isn't the right place to post this, please let me know! Really new to this forum!

1. Depends on if it is a school you want to attend and at a debt level that you feel comfortable with.
2. You're right at the point that 2 points could make a huge difference. But would also depend on your GPA. What is that?
3. They won't care. A higher LSAT is good for their rankings. Maybe the school that you put a deposit down at might care a little bit, but still won't really matter

Litt1tUp

Bronze

Postby Litt1tUp » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:32 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:
Litt1tUp wrote:So I have taken the LSAT twice... 162 1st time, 167 2nd time... I was PTing at 171 after 1 year of studying and last june when i took my 2nd lsat, I made some seriously careless errors.... Anyways I applied this cycle and have gotten into schools that I wanted, but then I went on this site and gotten more debt averse which motivated me to try again.

1. Depends on if it is a school you want to attend and at a debt level that you feel comfortable with.
2. You're right at the point that 2 points could make a huge difference. But would also depend on your GPA. What is that?
3. They won't care. A higher LSAT is good for their rankings. Maybe the school that you put a deposit down at might care a little bit, but still won't really matter

I have a 3.79 GPA, and yeah my only fear is if I did worse... that wouldn't be cause for an offer to be rescinded or scholarship to be adjusted ?

trebekismyhero

Silver

Postby trebekismyhero » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Law schools only care about your highest LSAT

Eren24

New

Postby Eren24 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:58 am

Choosing a top of the line law school will help you land a job especially in this competitive world. Mostly nowadays employers base the status of the applicant on the school they attended. :(

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:36 pm

1) I probably would. It's best to cover all bases if you can afford it.
2) Depends. We don't know your comfort. You would probably get better money applying outright with a 169, but you could always haggle late in the season. So far this cycle 169 applicants are way down and that is the median for a lot of schools so they could be desperate. Go into the cycle knowing that you can withdraw. It is easy to get caught up and excited about matriculating, even though it might not be the best move. Come July, weigh everything when you have all the facts and options on the table.
3) they won't care. Maybe write a strong Why X if applying to the school you deposited at but then withdrew though, especially if they're a YP heavy school.

Return to “What are my chances??