3.31 GPA, 163 LSAT - Chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cqq1234

New

3.31 GPA, 163 LSAT - Chances?

Postby cqq1234 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Stats: 3.31 GPA, 163 LSAT
Additional Info:
-1 yr out of UG w/ full-time law firm work exp
- Non-URM, Female
- Upward trend in GPA & LSAT
- Interested in entertainment law

What are my chances at:
-Georgetown (PT Program)
-USC
-Fordham (PT Program) [decision put on hold]
-BU

**I realize the ideal option would be to retake- but in my situation, it will have to be another year (Feb 2018) until I can take another LSAT.

Thanks!

KDavis95

New

Re: 3.31 GPA, 163 LSAT - Chances?

Postby KDavis95 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:14 pm

My advice would be to retake if you can. But if not:

-Georgetown (PT Program) - you may have a little chance for the part time program, but not for the full time.
-USC - reject
-Fordham (PT Program) [decision put on hold] - maybe
-BU - reject

Hope I was helpful. You should also check out law school numbers to see where you match up. Also make sure all of you app materials are stellar if you want more of a chance since most schools say they take a holistic approach. Good luck!

cqq1234

New

Postby cqq1234 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:20 pm

KDavis95 wrote:My advice would be to retake if you can. But if not:

-Georgetown (PT Program) - you may have a little chance for the part time program, but not for the full time.
-USC - reject
-Fordham (PT Program) [decision put on hold] - maybe
-BU - reject

Hope I was helpful. You should also check out law school numbers to see where you match up. Also make sure all of you app materials are stellar if you want more of a chance since most schools say they take a holistic approach. Good luck!

Yes, thank you!!

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:13 pm

KDavis95 wrote:...most schools say they take a holistic approach.

Most schools lie.

OP, why are you considering PT programs? It looks like you're considering regular full-time school as well, so if you have the option, I'd go full-time no matter where you decide to attend. There are very few good reasons to go part-time, and since it doesn't seem mandatory for you, it sounds like you should avoid it.

KDavis95

New

Postby KDavis95 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:52 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:

Most schools lie.

OP, why are you considering PT programs? It looks like you're considering regular full-time school as well, so if you have the option, I'd go full-time no matter where you decide to attend. There are very few good reasons to go part-time, and since it doesn't seem mandatory for you, it sounds like you should avoid it.

Schools "lying" is hardly a good reason for OP not to make sure the rest of his/her application is extraordinary.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 am

KDavis95 wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

Most schools lie.

Schools "lying" is hardly a good reason for OP not to make sure the rest of his/her application is extraordinary.

I didn't say they should, but it's also no reason to tell them that a "stellar" application is somehow going to make up for not hitting the numbers these schools want.

Return to “What are my chances??