LSN Question

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
EWofNell

Bronze

LSN Question

Postby EWofNell » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:34 pm

I am sort of confused about something on LSN.

What does it mean when it says: "109% of similar applicants have been admitted to x"

First of all, how could it be more than 100?
Secondly, does anyone know where this number comes from or what it means to this website in general? Just curious.

TripTrip

Gold

Re: LSN Question

Postby TripTrip » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:37 pm

EWofNell wrote:I am sort of confused about something on LSN.

What does it mean when it says: "109% of similar applicants have been admitted to x"

First of all, how could it be more than 100?
Secondly, does anyone know where this number comes from or what it means to this website in general? Just curious.

Could you provide a link to where you're seeing this?

cavalier1138

Platinum

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:42 pm

My best guess is that you've given the system some kind of input that confused it. But a link to what you're seeing would be helpful.

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:02 pm

It's specific to your numbers. When you click on the school page through your account, on the right hand side of the page it will say "XXX% of applicants similar to you have been admitted" or something similar. I've seen this before with WUSTL (for me). OP, the LSN and myLSN numbers often differ for me, and I believe most people on here go off of myLSN, which uses LSN data, but perhaps has a more refined/accurate formula for calculating predictions. I can't really tell you which is better for you to believe, though.

EWofNell

Bronze

Postby EWofNell » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:01 pm

poptart123 wrote:It's specific to your numbers. When you click on the school page through your account, on the right hand side of the page it will say "XXX% of applicants similar to you have been admitted" or something similar. I've seen this before with WUSTL (for me). OP, the LSN and myLSN numbers often differ for me, and I believe most people on here go off of myLSN, which uses LSN data, but perhaps has a more refined/accurate formula for calculating predictions. I can't really tell you which is better for you to believe, though.

To be honest, I am not really sure how to post pictures on here.. and a link won't really work because you guys aren't logged into my account. Where can I find the myLSN numbers as opposed to the LSN ones?

carlos_danger

Bronze

Postby carlos_danger » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:19 am

EWofNell wrote:
poptart123 wrote:It's specific to your numbers. When you click on the school page through your account, on the right hand side of the page it will say "XXX% of applicants similar to you have been admitted" or something similar. I've seen this before with WUSTL (for me). OP, the LSN and myLSN numbers often differ for me, and I believe most people on here go off of myLSN, which uses LSN data, but perhaps has a more refined/accurate formula for calculating predictions. I can't really tell you which is better for you to believe, though.

To be honest, I am not really sure how to post pictures on here.. and a link won't really work because you guys aren't logged into my account. Where can I find the myLSN numbers as opposed to the LSN ones?

http://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/admissions/search/

EWofNell

Bronze

Postby EWofNell » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:42 am

carlos_danger wrote:
EWofNell wrote:

http://mylsn.info/r/pre-law/admissions/search/

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Return to “What are my chances??