3.79/164 Summa Cum Laude - Chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
areyn22

New

3.79/164 Summa Cum Laude - Chances?

Post by areyn22 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi all,

I'm a white female from Georgia who is planning on applying to Emory, UGA, BU, BC, and Ga State. What are my chances with my stats? If it helps, I graduated from Emory and received Summa cum Laude through the senior honor's program.

Thanks!!

grades??

Silver

Re: 3.79/164 Summa Cum Laude - Chances?

Post by grades?? » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:30 pm

Retake. That gpa is too good to waste on those schools.

lawcapture

Bronze

Post by lawcapture » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:32 pm

areyn22 wrote:Hi all,

I'm a white female from Georgia who is planning on applying to Emory, UGA, BU, BC, and Ga State. What are my chances with my stats? If it helps, I graduated from Emory and received Summa cum Laude through the senior honor's program.

Thanks!!
To answer your question, you'll probably get into all of them!

lawlaura3494

New

Post by lawlaura3494 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:45 am

I had a 164 and 3.71 and applied to BU, UGA, and Emory -- I didn't apply until January though because I was waiting for my December LSAT score. I got into BU with $30K a year (after negotiation), waitlisted at Emory and never followed up with them since I knew I wasn't willing to pay full price to go there if I ended up getting in, and tuition equalization (I'm from Florida) plus $15K a year from UGA. I decided on UGA, so if you have any questions let me know!

ND2018

New

Post by ND2018 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:14 am

Thanks!!
Don't waste that GPA OP. A full-ride/Debt<30,000K at UGA is definitely acceptable tho. If you get that, and you are happy staying in Georgia I see no problem not retaking. Otherwise I think you owe it to yourself to study again and retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

areyn22

New

Post by areyn22 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:53 pm

lawlaura3494 wrote:I had a 164 and 3.71 and applied to BU, UGA, and Emory -- I didn't apply until January though because I was waiting for my December LSAT score. I got into BU with $30K a year (after negotiation), waitlisted at Emory and never followed up with them since I knew I wasn't willing to pay full price to go there if I ended up getting in, and tuition equalization (I'm from Florida) plus $15K a year from UGA. I decided on UGA, so if you have any questions let me know!
Got accepted to UGA today, regular decision, less than a week after I applied! There's a scholarship letter in the mail, so I'll have to wait to see how much I've been offered. Waiting to hear back from BU, going to apply to Emory but I'm in the same boat as you in that I don't really want to pay anything close to full tuition to go there.

areyn22

New

Post by areyn22 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:03 pm

ND2018 wrote:

Thanks!!
Don't waste that GPA OP. A full-ride/Debt<30,000K at UGA is definitely acceptable tho. If you get that, and you are happy staying in Georgia I see no problem not retaking. Otherwise I think you owe it to yourself to study again and retake.
Thanks for the advice!! In state tuition is a little less than 20k a year and I'm receiving a scholarship (though I don't know how much yet) through the mail, so it's a very tempting option. I haven't heard back from other schools yet. The 164 I got was actually 4 points higher than my highest practice test, so I wasn't underperforming by any means. I imagine, though, that I could see a 5 point increase if I took like 4 solid months to practice.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Take like 4 solid months to practice

lawlaura3494

New

Post by lawlaura3494 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:42 pm

areyn22 wrote:
lawlaura3494 wrote:I had a 164 and 3.71 and applied to BU, UGA, and Emory -- I didn't apply until January though because I was waiting for my December LSAT score. I got into BU with $30K a year (after negotiation), waitlisted at Emory and never followed up with them since I knew I wasn't willing to pay full price to go there if I ended up getting in, and tuition equalization (I'm from Florida) plus $15K a year from UGA. I decided on UGA, so if you have any questions let me know!
Got accepted to UGA today, regular decision, less than a week after I applied! There's a scholarship letter in the mail, so I'll have to wait to see how much I've been offered. Waiting to hear back from BU, going to apply to Emory but I'm in the same boat as you in that I don't really want to pay anything close to full tuition to go there.
Congrats!! They also usually always email you the scholarship offer, two of my friends who got accepted already found their scholarship email in their spam inbox, so you may want to check that out. Once again let me know if you have any questions!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”