169 LSAT/ International BA Degree

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ssolli

New

169 LSAT/ International BA Degree

Postby ssolli » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Hi All,

I'm applying to law school this year, and was wondering my chances at the following schools:

- UC Berkeley
- UCLA
- UC Davis
- U Colorado at Boulder
- U Washington
- U Oregon

I graduated from a top UK university (I'm American) with an upper second class honors degree. My grades were pretty good (not outstanding), but I don't know how law schools will see this since the LSAC doesn't convert international grades into a GPA.

Other info:
- 169 LSAT
- Been out of college for 5 years working as a paralegal in immigration law.
- Volunteer exp. including working w/ immigrants/refugees.
- 2 very good LORs from past employers. Since I've been out of college so long I haven't stayed in touch with any professors and won't have an academic LOR.
- Non-URM
- All apps have already been submitted or will be submitted this coming week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

grades??

Silver

Re: 169 LSAT/ International BA Degree

Postby grades?? » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Well with your 2:1 you will get the excellent gpa rating (or it might be above-average, I can't remember what the step under superior is called). Thats a pretty good lsat and it should get you into every place outside the t14. With that gpa rating however, you might pull some t14s but I would bet strongly you wont get into Berkeley because they really care about their gpas there. It might help if you went to Oxbridge/St Andrews/LSE, but otherwise US admins really could care less between the distinction between Edinburgh to Bristol.

ssolli

New

Re: 169 LSAT/ International BA Degree

Postby ssolli » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback! For what it's worth, I did attend one of the top UK schools you listed. My first choice is probably Colorado (but I'd need at least some scholarship), so fingers crossed!

Return to “What are my chances??