a

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kpadoreo

New

a

Postby kpadoreo » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:29 am

aa
Last edited by kpadoreo on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: 3.88 December LSAT

Postby lymenheimer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:52 am

0 without an LSAT score. Until then, play around on mylsn.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

kpadoreo

New

Postby kpadoreo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:30 am

chargers21 wrote:I'm no law school admission expert but i just happened to read your post. I would say that since you have already taken some time away from school and have traveled the world, I think you might be best served waiting another year to apply since you sound like youmight be able to keep busy for an extra year. Take the December LSAT, then June LSAT, apply first week in September, and go to a top school with full scholarship consideration. Just my two cents because you aren't a senior applicant rushing to apply to avoid not being in school for a year (like I currently am somewhat doing).

Just wondering why you think I should apply next cycle? I'm not really just trying to be in school. I've been out of school for over six months and will have been out of school for over a year when I begin. I don't really see why there's a reason for me to take the June LSAT if I'm already scoring high in the 170s. I will register for February, just in case I blow it in December, and would still be eligible at NYU (no rolling admissions), and a couple other schools, as well as in Canada, which after yesterday's election, is looking increasingly appealing.
Do you really think that I am at such a disadvantage applying in December? Or is it mainly an issue of scholarship money?

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Postby pleasesendhelp » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:31 pm

kpadoreo wrote:
chargers21 wrote:I'm no law school admission expert but i just happened to read your post. I would say that since you have already taken some time away from school and have traveled the world, I think you might be best served waiting another year to apply since you sound like youmight be able to keep busy for an extra year. Take the December LSAT, then June LSAT, apply first week in September, and go to a top school with full scholarship consideration. Just my two cents because you aren't a senior applicant rushing to apply to avoid not being in school for a year (like I currently am somewhat doing).

Just wondering why you think I should apply next cycle? I'm not really just trying to be in school. I've been out of school for over six months and will have been out of school for over a year when I begin. I don't really see why there's a reason for me to take the June LSAT if I'm already scoring high in the 170s. I will register for February, just in case I blow it in December, and would still be eligible at NYU (no rolling admissions), and a couple other schools, as well as in Canada, which after yesterday's election, is looking increasingly appealing.
Do you really think that I am at such a disadvantage applying in December? Or is it mainly an issue of scholarship money?

The reasoning for waiting is for you to get optimal scholarship offers. If you apply after after january/february your chances of getting scholarship money is very low. The general attitude of everyone on this forum is to get as much $$$ as you can. Also, your chances of getting in are slightly lowered by waiting to apply after january, but I think (I may be wrong) that a late application only really hurts you if you're below the medians. For example, NYU medians are 169/3.81. If you had numbers like 168/3.7 you would stand to benefit from a very early application.

Your GPA is great and I dont think you need anything extra in particular except an lsat of 170~. My advice, get everything put together, kill your first LSAT and then decide whether you want to apply this cycle or not.

kpadoreo

New

Postby kpadoreo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:37 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:
kpadoreo wrote:

The reasoning for waiting is for you to get optimal scholarship offers. If you apply after after january/february your chances of getting scholarship money is very low. The general attitude of everyone on this forum is to get as much $$$ as you can. Also, your chances of getting in are slightly lowered by waiting to apply after january, but I think (I may be wrong) that a late application only really hurts you if you're below the medians. For example, NYU medians are 169/3.81. If you had numbers like 168/3.7 you would stand to benefit from a very early application.

Your GPA is great and I dont think you need anything extra in particular except an lsat of 170~. My advice, get everything put together, kill your first LSAT and then decide whether you want to apply this cycle or not.

Does it make a difference if I send my applications in before the LSAT score comes out? I was planning to send a few out end of November and probably a couple mid December. I will wait to send out HYS until beginning of January (as soon as LSAT scores get released) just because they're such a long shot and I don't want to waste the money sending applications if I don't have a chance to get in.

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Postby pleasesendhelp » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:47 pm

kpadoreo wrote:
pleasesendhelp wrote:
kpadoreo wrote:

Does it make a difference if I send my applications in before the LSAT score comes out? I was planning to send a few out end of November and probably a couple mid December. I will wait to send out HYS until beginning of January (as soon as LSAT scores get released) just because they're such a long shot and I don't want to waste the money sending applications if I don't have a chance to get in.

Some say it does, some say it doesnt. I would say no it doesnt since you dont have an LSAT score on file yet. Schools cant complete the review, so they wont even start. You're going to get this A LOT from people on this forum. You don't have an actual score yet so there really is no point in worrying about when or where to apply. I know you're PTing high, which is great and I'm sure you will reach your target score, BUT you cant do anything until after you take the test. Actually, you're not even supposed to be posting in What Are My Chances without an actual score result.

chargers21

Gold

Postby chargers21 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:48 pm

Return to “What are my chances??