Does a "Y" on transcript affect admission?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
laxer1

New

Does a "Y" on transcript affect admission?

Postby laxer1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:47 pm

I'm having an issue with UG transcript saying I have a "Y" for some class after I graduated that I never attended. I petitioned it and they changed it from a F to a Y? What the hell is a Y??? Anybody have experience with this?

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Does a "Y" on transcript affect admission?

Postby trebekismyhero » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:07 pm

I have never heard of Y. Does it affect your GPA? I had a few Ws on my transcript and don't think it really mattered.

laxer1

New

Postby laxer1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:46 pm

I never heard of a Y either. It doesn't effect my GPA right now but in my research I found that "some careers" can interpret it as an F. Can't seem to find out what "careers" so was hoping someone here might have experienced this

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:16 pm

I found out that it means "deferred".

Either way, if this was after you graduated, it won't affect your LSAC GPA. They only count classes up to the point you received your first undergraduate degree.

laxer1

New

Postby laxer1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Thank you so much!! I don't know why I didn't realize It won't count any way. It was my graduate school that said I wouldn't be able to graduate because a few weeks ago it said "in progress" then went to an F then I petitioned thinking it would go away and the Y showed up. But you're 100% correct it's after I graduated so it doesn't affect the admission process. Now I'm curious why my graduate school made such a fuss over it.

Return to “What are my chances??