Scholarship Expectations

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
OuttaTheBox

New

Scholarship Expectations

Postby OuttaTheBox » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:43 pm

So I have been admitted at a top 25 school. My LSAT is below the 25th percentile, while my GPA is above the 75th percentile. I am wondering about how competitive my scholarship chances are since I am a super splitter. Any experiences would be helpful. Thanks.

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Scholarship Expectations

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:15 pm

You're not going to get any kind of definite answer, especially not without a specific school name.

But even if we knew which school this was, you'd only be able to get variations on "These were my numbers, and here's what I was offered." Scholarships are not as predictable as admissions offers, and reverse splitters already have unpredictable admissions offers.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Postby trebekismyhero » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Need more info, but if debt is an issue, retake the LSAT in December

OuttaTheBox

New

Postby OuttaTheBox » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:22 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:Need more info, but if debt is an issue, retake the LSAT in December

The school is Alabama. I'm not too worried about debt since I'm instate and it's cheap comparatively. I'm a 3.91 and a 154. I'm just worried that my score won't come up much to matter in 5 weeks.

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:39 pm

OuttaTheBox wrote:
trebekismyhero wrote:Need more info, but if debt is an issue, retake the LSAT in December

The school is Alabama. I'm not too worried about debt since I'm instate and it's cheap comparatively. I'm a 3.91 and a 154. I'm just worried that my score won't come up much to matter in 5 weeks.

Retake. What've u got to lose?

URM_lawnerd

New

Postby URM_lawnerd » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:41 pm

I agree with the "retakers" above, but realistically it is 10/26 today and the late registration deadline for the December LSAT was yesterday....so advising you to retake assumes that you've already registered or you're fine with retaking in February or you're fine with retaking in June or later and sitting out this cycle.

As for scholarship chances at Bama with those numbers, I really doubt you'll get any. The GPA is high, but I feel like with those numbers there is little chance you would be admitted to higher-ranked schools, much less with scholarship $$$, so the adcomm prolly doesn't feel like they need to compete for you with any other skools

trebekismyhero

Silver

Postby trebekismyhero » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:18 am

SweetTort wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:

Retake. What've u got to lose?

Definitely need to retake. That is a waste of a GPA. Even if you just want to stay in Alabama and go to school there you should be able to get a full ride with that GPA and a decent LSAT.

Return to “What are my chances??