Super (!!) Splitter

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
haley12

Silver

Super (!!) Splitter

Postby haley12 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:49 am

Hey all,
I just got a *** on my LSAT! The bad news is I have a ***** GPA. I go to a good state school, Political Economy major + Spanish minor, and heavily involved in an intercollegiate sport (not D1 but there is no D1 at my school). I am an officer (managing 80+ members) and competing member of the team. I am graduating a year early and a KJD hopefully. Average softs, federal judicial internship and paid business internship. Strong LORs (judge who knows me very well from internship and prof I bonded with). I don't need a scholarship, but I obviously wouldn't mind :mrgreen:

I have tried myLSN and everything but obviously it is all up in the air. I would love to go T14 if possible, NYU top choice (I'm aware this isn't likely). Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by haley12 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Super (!!) Splitter

Postby trebekismyhero » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:59 am

You'll likely get into DCN and M. Probably not getting into NYU, but worth a shot.

curry1

Silver

Postby curry1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:15 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:You'll likely get into DCN and M. Probably not getting into NYU, but worth a shot.

Not true, s/he will almost assuredly get into either Columbia or NYU with the privilege of paying sticker.

sweets91

Silver

Postby sweets91 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:22 pm

haley12 wrote:Hey all,
I just got a 173 on my LSAT! The bad news is I have a 3.24 GPA. I go to a good state school, Political Economy major + Spanish minor, and heavily involved in an intercollegiate sport (not D1 but there is no D1 at my school). I am an officer (managing 80+ members) and competing member of the team. I am graduating a year early and a KJD hopefully. Average softs, federal judicial internship and paid business internship. Strong LORs (judge who knows me very well from internship and prof I bonded with). I don't need a scholarship, but I obviously wouldn't mind :mrgreen:

I have tried myLSN and everything but obviously it is all up in the air. I would love to go T14 if possible, NYU top choice (I'm aware this isn't likely). Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Why are you graduating early? I would take stay and raise your GPA

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:54 pm

sweets91 wrote:
haley12 wrote:Hey all,
I just got a 173 on my LSAT! The bad news is I have a 3.24 GPA. I go to a good state school, Political Economy major + Spanish minor, and heavily involved in an intercollegiate sport (not D1 but there is no D1 at my school). I am an officer (managing 80+ members) and competing member of the team. I am graduating a year early and a KJD hopefully. Average softs, federal judicial internship and paid business internship. Strong LORs (judge who knows me very well from internship and prof I bonded with). I don't need a scholarship, but I obviously wouldn't mind :mrgreen:

Why are you graduating early? I would take stay and raise your GPA

I don't have anything to do really and saving 40k isn't worthless. I just don't have time to double major, but I have too much time to change my minor into a major (if I stayed another year).

curry1

Silver

Postby curry1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Last edited by curry1 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iliketurtles123

Bronze

Postby iliketurtles123 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:19 pm

I had very similar stats and graduated NYU earlier this year

Just know you'll have a long wait as a splitter and most acceptances will come off the WL.

good luck!

Bach-City

Bronze

Postby Bach-City » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:57 pm

Last edited by Bach-City on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

haley12

Silver

Postby haley12 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:40 am

iliketurtles123 wrote:I had very similar stats and graduated NYU earlier this year

Just know you'll have a long wait as a splitter and most acceptances will come off the WL.

good luck!

Thanks, that at least gives me hope! I'm ready for a long wait. Congrats on your law degree!

Return to “What are my chances??