LSAT: 164, GPA 3.49, URM (AA male)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jd21

New

LSAT: 164, GPA 3.49, URM (AA male)

Postby jd21 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi everyone,

My GPA is a 3.49, I got a 164 on the September LSAT, and I'm an AA male. I intend to stay in the Maryland-D.C.-possibly Virginia area for school and I plan on working in the Baltimore-D.C. area. My current field of interest is public interest but I would like to keep my options open. I feel comfortable with my target school (UMD) but can anyone tell me my chances at schools like Georgetown, George Washington University, UVA, University of Pennsylvania?

I do plan on retaking the LSAT in December and my GPA should be higher by the time I apply, if only marginally, but I wanted to know where I stand now. One last thing, I got an invitation to apply to Duke Priority Track and fee waivers from Vanderbilt and NYU. Is it worth it to apply even if I'm only marginally interested in these schools?

Thanks in advance for any help

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: LSAT: 164, GPA 3.49, URM (AA male)

Postby trebekismyhero » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:45 pm

jd21 wrote:Hi everyone,

My GPA is a 3.49, I got a 164 on the September LSAT, and I'm an AA male. I intend to stay in the Maryland-D.C.-possibly Virginia area for school and I plan on working in the Baltimore-D.C. area. My current field of interest is public interest but I would like to keep my options open. I feel comfortable with my target school (UMD) but can anyone tell me my chances at schools like Georgetown, George Washington University, UVA, University of Pennsylvania?

I do plan on retaking the LSAT in December and my GPA should be higher by the time I apply, if only marginally, but I wanted to know where I stand now. One last thing, I got an invitation to apply to Duke Priority Track and fee waivers from Vanderbilt and NYU. Is it worth it to apply even if I'm only marginally interested in these schools?

Thanks in advance for any help

Yes, definitely apply to those schools. As an AA male with a good GPA and LSAT you are in really good shape. You can do a lot better than UMD. I think you will likely get into all the schools you mentioned and if you can raise your GPA a bit and get a couple points higher on the LSAT you can go to any law school from H on down with big scholarship money from lower t14.

Return to “What are my chances??