What's Your Take? 3.98/164 Non-URM

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
youknowsimone

New

What's Your Take? 3.98/164 Non-URM

Postby youknowsimone » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm a white female at a Jesuit university applying this cycle. I will admit that I am pretty disappointed in my LSAT score, given that I was PTing around 170+. Long story short, I didn't get any wrong on Eileen Gray or Viruses, but didn't have enough time to finish RC and I changed two answers that were originally correct on LR1. Definitely could have scored 168. This happened to me in June (162), but I just don't have the emotional energy to study for a third LSAT. Before you tell me to take a year off, keep in mind I am just a history major and finding a worthwhile job would be very difficult.

Anyway, here's a little about me:
Major: history and French

Softs:
D1 Big East conference tennis player
Honors student, on the honors student advisory board
Performed original undergraduate research, student representative for university's undergrad research org.
Wrote a first-place conference paper
Studied French law abroad for a semester (in French, I'm a CEFR C1 level speaker)
President of academic club
Received distinguished award from my university's history department

I'm just trying to gauge my chances realistically. I've looked at LSN as well as MyLSN, and the numbers look better than I was expecting, however I know that this is a small and (perhaps) unrepresentative sample size.

Where I'm applying (so far):
Georgetown (my dream school)
Penn, fee waiver
UVA
UMich, fee waiver
George Washington, fee waiver
College of William and Mary, fee waiver

I received fee waivers from Duke and WUSTL, too. Ideally, I'd like to practice in the DC area. I'm from the midwest if that counts for anything.

I'd like to hear your suggestions and your feedback, but I don't think I am going to take a year off. I dedicated nearly a year studying for the LSAT, and not only have I paid a lot for materials, but I've also run out of them. I know I am better than my performance, but at this point I just have to own up to it.

StopLawying

Silver

Re: What's Your Take? 3.98/164 Non-URM

Postby StopLawying » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Why not retake Dec then?

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: What's Your Take? 3.98/164 Non-URM

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Take a year off and retake. Or retake sooner. But retake.

You won't get good money at Georgetown with your score, and unless you have a spare $300k lying around, that matters. So dust yourself off, suck it up, and think about how grateful your future self will be that your current self had the foresight to not dive headfirst into unreasonable amounts of debt.

Return to “What are my chances??