GPA 3.99 LSAT 170 when to apply?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
neptunian

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:17 pm

GPA 3.99 LSAT 170 when to apply?

Postby neptunian » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi I wonder what my chances are for Columbia, NYU and UPenn?
LSAT 170 (second time taker), GPA 3.99 at a top 20 undergrad
Asian female, double major, normal extracurriculars.

Another problem is that I'm thinking about submitting most of my applications before Thanksgiving, but I already signed up for the Dec test. Will AO defer viewing my application because I have a pending LSAT in Dec? Should I just cancel the Dec test? My normal pt score is around 172-173 so I have to work really hard to substantially improve.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by neptunian on Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

neptunian

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:17 pm

Re: GPA 3.99 LSAT 170 when to apply?

Postby neptunian » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:54 pm

bump

User avatar
blackmamba8

Bronze
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: GPA 3.99 LSAT 170 when to apply?

Postby blackmamba8 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:37 pm

I know Michigan wasn't one of the schools you mentioned, but on their site under FAQs it says "While we do not universally hold applications in limbo while we await a new score, our reviewers will see that you are registered for the December LSAT. If we feel that a new score could be a decision-making difference, we will set the application aside and re-review it once the new score arrives. But if we are comfortable admitting you without seeing the new score, we will go ahead and do that; by the same token, if we are sure that an increased LSAT score would not alone lead to a different outcome, we will issue a final decision before receiving the score. If that happens, you are welcome to request that we reconsider your application in light of new information."

It's possible the schools you listed operate in similar ways to Michigan and they might have some information about how they approach this on their sites. I would definitely suggest applying as soon as possible instead of waiting for your December results though. A few more points will really help your chances at Columbia/NYU but you have good chances at the other four with your current numbers. Getting your apps in before thanksgiving will help you with scholarships.

User avatar
heythatslife

Silver
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Re: GPA 3.99 LSAT 170 when to apply?

Postby heythatslife » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:39 am

You can always inform the schools of your new LSAT score to re-negotiate a decision or scholarship amount if they render a decision on your application before the December results comes out.

Also, why not try for HYS? You're in that range where you will likely get one or more of CCN but with not much money, but where you also have enough of a shot at HYS that I feel it would be a shame to pass up on the opportunity (and depending on your financial circumstances, you might get more out of HYS need-based aid).



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests