Should I wait?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Boombox5

New

Should I wait?

Postby Boombox5 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:30 pm

I have a dilemma. Is it worth retaking in December (Apply in Jan) to go from a 158 to a 162 (take this score as a given) or is it better to apply now?
Also, my goal is to ED to GW (or Georgetown) - and I would be able to ED if I take the December as well.

GPA: 3.3x
Decent softs
URM: Hispanic

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Should I wait?

Postby trebekismyhero » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Boombox5 wrote:I have a dilemma. Is it worth retaking in December (Apply in Jan) to go from a 158 to a 162 (take this score as a given) or is it better to apply now?
Also, my goal is to ED to GW (or Georgetown) - and I would be able to ED if I take the December as well.

GPA: 3.3x
Decent softs
URM: Hispanic

Definitely retake. But why would you ED to GW or Georgetown? You'd almost certainly end up paying sticker price. Retake get a higher LSAT and you should get $

Boombox5

New

Postby Boombox5 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Understood, but money aside for admission purposes. What are my chances of getting in applying right now versus applying in Jan with - let's say - only a few points increase?

trebekismyhero

Silver

Postby trebekismyhero » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:43 pm

Boombox5 wrote:Understood, but money aside for admission purposes. What are my chances of getting in applying right now versus applying in Jan with - let's say - only a few points increase?

You'd have to ask the URM forum to find out how much of bump hispanic gets. Right now I would say you're unlikely to get into either, especially Georgetown

Return to “What are my chances??