166, 3.83 Where should I apply? Retake worth it? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BigBear

New

166, 3.83 Where should I apply? Retake worth it?

Post by BigBear » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:40 pm

Took in June got a 160, September 166. Planning a retake in December depending on my chances at various schools.

K-JD and current senior but work full time in a legally focused federal government agency and have 3 years of combined work experience in government affairs throughout undergrad. Average softs (mock trial captain, SGA involvement, fraternity President). I'm a court appointed special advocate which I think could give me a boost.

I was practice testing in the 170 to 173 range for the September test and the last logic game (computer virus) really hurt hurt my score. I think I could do better with a retake.

Where should I apply? Should I wait for my retake to send in all applications or should I apply to some places and wait for retake to apply to higher ranked schools? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Peck.173

New

Re: 166, 3.83 Where should I apply? Retake worth it?

Post by Peck.173 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:45 pm

IMO you should look towards a December retake. Your current grades will likely get you into some T14s, but just testing at the bottom end of where your PTs were could mean tens of thousands of dollars in additional scholarship money.

With a 166, schools in the DNCG range are attainable, but I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket. Check out LSN for specifics.

Return to “What are my chances?”