Early Decision to NYU?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
zebrasiesta

New

Early Decision to NYU?

Postby zebrasiesta » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Hey all,

I have heard that applying ED to NYU doesn't really give any edge in the admissions process besides getting an earlier decision on acceptance/rejection. However, it's far and away my top choice, so I wanted to ask TLS if applying ED really confers any benefits on applicants or not. I'm 3.77 / 167 (1st try) / 172 (2nd try). I graduated w/ degrees in Polisci and IR in 2012 from a T15 UG school and since then, I've been working in international civil/political rights. White female. Would it be wise for me to apply ED?

EDIT: If I shouldn't apply ED, what are my chances? Also considering Columbia, Berkeley, Georgetown.
Last edited by zebrasiesta on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grades??

Silver

Re: Early Decision to NYU?

Postby grades?? » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:38 pm

DO NOT ED. You have a decent shot of getting in and ED will prevent you from getting scholarship. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ED with your numbers.

cavalier1138

Platinum

Re: Early Decision to NYU?

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Don't ED. I have no earthly idea why someone who understands that it doesn't even help their chances would still be considering it.

All EDing to NYU does is screw you out of money.

Return to “What are my chances??