Chances at lower T14

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
StopLawying

Silver

Chances at lower T14

Postby StopLawying » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:22 pm

Really dejected right now, got a 164 on the Sep test and only have 1 retake left. Will be taking again in December but wanted to know where I stand at this point. GPA is above 4. Any chance at attending one of the lower T-14? Sample size is very small on mylsn.
Also, is it better to wait for a Dec score or apply now? Thanks.

grades??

Silver

Re: Chances at lower T14

Postby grades?? » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Maybe pull one of GT Cornell, but likely no scholarship or minimal scholarship. Dont rush into December. Take it when you are ready. Dont waste a 4.0. Think about studying for a full year. If you get a 174, you are talking about Yale here. PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER DEITY, take your time and really study until you can guarantee yourself a score like that. If you have a 4.0 gpa, you are capable.

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:35 pm

grades?? wrote:Maybe pull one of GT Cornell, but likely no scholarship or minimal scholarship. Dont rush into December. Take it when you are ready. Dont waste a 4.0. Think about studying for a full year. If you get a 174, you are talking about Yale here. PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER DEITY, take your time and really study until you can guarantee yourself a score like that. If you have a 4.0 gpa, you are capable.

I already postponed a year, I've studied hard but it just hasn't translated to test-day success. I've been averaging high 160s and I think that's my ceiling, only hit 170+ a few times. I'm gonna give it my best shot in December though. Thanks for your help!

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:37 pm

StopLawying wrote:
grades?? wrote:Maybe pull one of GT Cornell, but likely no scholarship or minimal scholarship. Dont rush into December. Take it when you are ready. Dont waste a 4.0. Think about studying for a full year. If you get a 174, you are talking about Yale here. PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER DEITY, take your time and really study until you can guarantee yourself a score like that. If you have a 4.0 gpa, you are capable.

I already postponed a year, I've studied hard but it just hasn't translated to test-day success. I've been averaging high 160s and I think that's my ceiling, only hit 170+ a few times. I'm gonna give it my best shot in December though. Thanks for your help!

I apologize for my crassness, but you are an idiot to not delay another year and rush into december. You have no idea what that GPA buys you if you hit a 170+. Hit a 170, you are going to Columbia for likely free.

Literally this will be a life-altering decision to not really take more time to study.

TAD

Bronze

Postby TAD » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:50 pm

grades?? wrote:
StopLawying wrote:

I apologize for my crassness, but you are an idiot to not delay another year and rush into december. You have no idea what that GPA buys you if you hit a 170+. Hit a 170, you are going to Columbia for likely free.

Literally this will be a life-altering decision to not really take more time to study.

Lol honestly, grades might come off like a dick but he speaks the truth. My gpa was similar to yours and I bet you my diagnostic was also lower than yours, but I had close to a 30 point jump. I know it's easier said than done but you owe it to yourself.

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:59 pm

I hear him, and I understand how important this test is. But I already postponed a year and have studied hard during. More study time doesn't necessarily ensure a higher score. I was feeling great the week before the Sep test, finally breaking the 170 plateau and I feel like if I push hard over the next 1.5 months I can get a higher score. If I see that I'm not where I want to be come Dec, then I'll consider postponing another cycle. Doesn't hurt to try, right? Again, thanks for the advice.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:00 pm

StopLawying wrote:I hear him, and I understand how important this test is. But I already postponed a year and have studied hard during. More study time doesn't necessarily ensure a higher score. I was feeling great the week before the Sep test, finally breaking the 170 plateau and I feel like if I push hard over the next 1.5 months I can get a higher score. If I see that I'm not where I want to be come Dec, then I'll consider postponing another cycle. Doesn't hurt to try, right? Again, thanks for the advice.

In this case, trying for December can hurt.

Return to “What are my chances??