Chance for HLS

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
derekne

New

Chance for HLS

Postby derekne » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Physics, Econ, Poli Sci major at a top ten state school and have my heart set on HLS. I've got a 3.77 GPA and a 178 LSAT. Looking at law school numbers it shows that I have a greater than 50% chance of being admitted. I'm finding that hard to believe considering my GPA is barely above their 25th percentile and while I have a high LSAT score, I have no work experience,(Harvard seems to really value that). Will these numbers coming from a K-JD,(along with the possibility of a slight boost from being in a STEM major), make me that competitive? I really want to be realistic with myself and don't want to get my hopes up.

sodomojo

Bronze

Re: Chance for HLS

Postby sodomojo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:46 pm

The sample size of people with those numbers getting into HLS is quite favorable. I'd be cautiously optimistic. K-JD may hurt you some but you're still a lock for CCN.

theconsigliere

Bronze

Re: Chance for HLS

Postby theconsigliere » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:17 pm

I was 3.86/176/kjd/stem when I sent in my Harvard app. I ended up getting WL and then accepted. My advice is to really polish your app in every way possible before submitting, and don't assume your numbers alone will get you there. In retrospect, the app I sent Harvard was not the best it could have been (read: my app was garbage except for my scores). I was a bit lazy about these parts of my app, and I definitely think this is why I got WL to start. Don't be like me. Nothing is less fun than trying to explain to people why Harvard waitlisted you with 3.9/176.

Return to “What are my chances??