AA Male chances at Chicago, Columbia, UVA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

AA Male chances at Chicago, Columbia, UVA

Postby Southend97 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:18 pm

By the time I apply to law school my GPA will be somewhere between 3.49-3.53. I've been scoring around 160 on my practice exams so far with 2 months of studying. If I can get my LSAT score to between 165-168 what are my chances for:

I plan to take the June and September LSATs. Also what school do you think would benefit me most if I want to get a clerkship or work for the government?

Softs: Internship with Florida Democrats, 10 months of research experience including 5 months of paid Political Science research, member of Phi Alpha Delta

Re: AA Male chances at Chicago, Columbia, UVA

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:14 am

Everything is entirely hypothetical, but for your hypothetical situations:

160: Likely not going to get any of the schools you listed. Lower T14 may still be in play.

165: Much stronger chance at CCN.

168: HYS now in play.

The trouble is that MyLSN doesn't have a lot of great data points for just AA applicants, and URM cycles can be a bit unpredictable. But a 160 will absolutely not be enough to get you in.

Also, because this is apparently your first time hearing it: no one cares about your softs, unless you are literally one of the best in your field. You're going to have to rely on your LSAT/GPA.

Return to “What are my chances?”