Harvard - With a 3.8, what LSAT will I need to get in?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ForumCommissar

New

Harvard - With a 3.8, what LSAT will I need to get in?

Postby ForumCommissar » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:10 am

I'd love to go to Harvard. I plan on graduating with a 3.8-3.84. Non-URM.

I'm studying a year ahead of time for the LSAT, because I want to get as high as possible. What steps do I need to take to make Harvard a realistic dream?

Mylsn says a 175, with a 3.8-3.85 has a 91%, while a 3.75-3.8 has a 64% chance. Are those realistic, assuming I don't fuck up LOR/personal statement etc?

Of course, I'm also perfectly fine with going elsewhere, but it's a once in a lifetime chance and I don't want to waste even if the chances are slim.

QuentonCassidy

Silver

Re: Harvard - With a 3.8, what LSAT will I need to get in?

Postby QuentonCassidy » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:20 am

ForumCommissar wrote:I'd love to go to Harvard. I plan on graduating with a 3.8-3.84. Non-URM.

I'm studying a year ahead of time for the LSAT, because I want to get as high as possible. What steps do I need to take to make Harvard a realistic dream?

Mylsn says a 175, with a 3.8-3.85 has a 91%, while a 3.75-3.8 has a 64% chance. Are those realistic, assuming I don't fuck up LOR/personal statement etc?

Of course, I'm also perfectly fine with going elsewhere, but it's a once in a lifetime chance and I don't want to waste even if the chances are slim.

Mylsn will give you better info than any of us can give. With 3.8-3.85 I would say that 172-174 is coin-flip range. Best thing to do is strive for 180 and study as long and hard as necessary for you to get as high a score as you can.

ForumCommissar

New

Postby ForumCommissar » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:23 am

QuentonCassidy wrote:
ForumCommissar wrote:I'd love to go to Harvard. I plan on graduating with a 3.8-3.84. Non-URM.

Mylsn will give you better info than any of us can give. With 3.8-3.85 I would say that 172-174 is coin-flip range. Best thing to do is strive for 180 and study as long and hard as necessary for you to get as high a score as you can.

Thanks for the advice. I'm studying several hours a day for the next year until June, I already feel I can improve on my diagnostic so I'm pretty stoked. I'm also taking easy classes so I get straight A's and get that 3.8.

RamTitan

Silver

Postby RamTitan » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:58 pm

I think taking a year to study is the right move. Plus, if you need to retake you still have the Sept. test to fall back on.

ForumCommissar

New

Postby ForumCommissar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:29 pm

RamTitan wrote:I think taking a year to study is the right move. Plus, if you need to retake you still have the Sept. test to fall back on.

That's what I was thinking. Even if I don't get into Harvard a 3.8, 174-175 could likely get me $$$ at some lower T14 schools.

Return to “What are my chances??