3.2 GPA Prospects in Texas

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
muscleboundlaw

Bronze

Re: 3.2 GPA Prospects in Texas

Postby muscleboundlaw » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:09 pm

BasilHallward wrote:
muscleboundlaw wrote:One thing I forgot to add- I am an American citizen who moved here from Russia and am of Cuban/ Russian decent. Will that improve my odds in a school like UT, or does that mean nothing?

I am currently scoring in the high 150's to low 160's on the LSAT. I know my goal has to be 170 in order to think about UT and money, but is there a low range that may give me a shot?

Fir UT, your low range is about 167+. Your GPA is well below 25th percentile. It's hard to imagine you have a viable shot with an LSAT that is below median. Kill the LSAT! All of this is conjecture until then. You need to be thinking 170+

Thank you tart and thank you Basil! I appreciate all of your input. I will work my butt off.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:42 pm

I'm from Texas and I would never consider Baylor. It focuses on litigation and most of their graduates are in very small firms. Baylor, however, is very good for litigation as is South Texas if that is what you are interested in

Cowboys227

New

Postby Cowboys227 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Go to UT

dizzydg

New

Postby dizzydg » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm at UT now. Got in with a 3.2 (bio degree) and 169 on the LSAT. Applied in March, which I do NOT recommend doing. Got some money, not a lot. Just a data point for you--it is def possible. Treat the LSAT like a full time job. I would read all the info TLS has on the LSAT forum, especially the guides.

Feel free to PM if you want any info on the school or the application process!

muscleboundlaw

Bronze

Postby muscleboundlaw » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:50 pm

dizzydg wrote:I'm at UT now. Got in with a 3.2 (bio degree) and 169 on the LSAT. Applied in March, which I do NOT recommend doing. Got some money, not a lot. Just a data point for you--it is def possible. Treat the LSAT like a full time job. I would read all the info TLS has on the LSAT forum, especially the guides.

Hmm. Your degree is probably more appealing than A finance/history/ mba. Where were you pting at to start and how long was your study process if I may ask?

New

Postby 147221 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Deleted
Last edited by 147221 on Fri May 12, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dizzydg

New

Postby dizzydg » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:24 pm

muscleboundlaw wrote:
dizzydg wrote:I'm at UT now. Got in with a 3.2 (bio degree) and 169 on the LSAT. Applied in March, which I do NOT recommend doing. Got some money, not a lot. Just a data point for you--it is def possible. Treat the LSAT like a full time job. I would read all the info TLS has on the LSAT forum, especially the guides.

Hmm. Your degree is probably more appealing than A finance/history/ mba. Where were you pting at to start and how long was your study process if I may ask?

I had a weird process. Half-assed blueprint online. Hospitalized a few weeks before the exam. Grinded hard those few weeks on practice exams (I was bed ridden so it was all I could do). Was PT-Ing anywhere from 163 to 175 with an average around 168. Then got the 169 and applied.

I retook it though in June. Had a more regimented plan of two months. Scored a good amount higher. Did it because wasn't sure if I wanted to sit out this cycle and reapply. Texas gave me some more money though and I just decided I didn't want to wait around a year.

If you want more self-study details, you can PM and I'll let you know what I did.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Postby Hikikomorist » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Got $$$ with your GPA and a 173. That was during the most applicant-friendly cycle in memory, though, so you might need to score a tad bit higher to get the same aid offer.

muscleboundlaw

Bronze

Postby muscleboundlaw » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:05 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:Got $$$ with your GPA and a 173. That was during the most applicant-friendly cycle in memory, though, so you might need to score a tad bit higher to get the same aid offer.

Wow. That's fantastic! Hopefully, I can work my way up to that kind of a score.

Return to “What are my chances??