Below Median at Harvard

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
El_Bee_Oh

New

Below Median at Harvard

Postby El_Bee_Oh » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:48 pm

It seems like at Harvard being at or above both median is an autoadmit while being below both is an auto reject. What about people that are somewhere in between (3.8-3.9, 170-171)? It seems like people in that band have a 50/50 chance of getting in based on LSN (non URM) - what separates those that get in and those that don't in the band? Softs? Work experience? Personal statement / recs?

jelufowoju

New

Re: Below Median at Harvard

Postby jelufowoju » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:32 pm

El_Bee_Oh wrote:It seems like at Harvard being at or above both median is an autoadmit while being below both is an auto reject. What about people that are somewhere in between (3.8-3.9, 170-171)? It seems like people in that band have a 50/50 chance of getting in based on LSN (non URM) - what separates those that get in and those that don't in the band? Softs? Work experience? Personal statement / recs?

3.8-3.9 and a 170-171 you could get in, but you're more likely to get waitlisted and then eventually dinged or just straight up dinged. If your gpa is slightly below median 3.8-3.85, your LSAT will most likely need to be at least median (173). It's mostly just a numbers game, but if you're a marginal candidate, being a k-jd won't help you.
Last edited by jelufowoju on Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:33 pm

jelufowoju wrote:
El_Bee_Oh wrote:It seems like at Harvard being at or above both median is an autoadmit while being below both is an auto reject. What about people that are somewhere in between (3.8-3.9, 170-171)? It seems like people in that band have a 50/50 chance of getting in based on LSN (non URM) - what separates those that get in and those that don't in the band? Softs? Work experience? Personal statement / recs?

3.8/3.9 and a 170-171 you could get in, but you're more likely to get waitlisted then dinged or just straight up dinged. If your gpa is slightly below median 3.8-3.85, your LSAT will most likely need to be at least median (173).

For a URM with lets say a 3.85 what LSAT score would you likely need for admittance?
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jelufowoju

New

Postby jelufowoju » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:

3.8/3.9 and a 170-171 you could get in, but you're more likely to get waitlisted then dinged or just straight up dinged. If your gpa is slightly below median 3.8-3.85, your LSAT will most likely need to be at least median (173).

For a URM with lets say a 3.85 what LSAT score would you likely need for admittance?

Depends what time of URM, if you're an AA, you could get in with 160-164 but with 165-168 and you're almost guaranteed admission. If you're Hispanic/NA/PR ect.. you'd be in good shape with anything between 166-170.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:41 pm

jelufowoju wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:

Depends what time of URM, if you're an AA, you could get in with 160-164 but with 165-168 and you're almost guaranteed admission. If you're Hispanic/NA/PR ect.. you'd be in good shape with anything between 166-170.

AA URM. So you think I would have a good shot with a 165+ ?
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jelufowoju

New

Postby jelufowoju » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:

Yes an excellent chance. I even know several AA's that got into Harvard Law with 3.8ish gpa's and sub 165 lsat's, almost all of them were k-jd as well.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:57 pm

jelufowoju wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:

Yes an excellent chance. I even know several AA's that got into Harvard Law with 3.8ish gpa's and sub 165 lsat's, almost all of them were k-jd as well.

Wow! I am going to have a much better chance than I thought. I'm not going to let the URM boost make me complacent with my studies, but I will be way more likely to apply with a 164 let's say, than wait to retake without even applying.

Thank you :)

jelufowoju

New

Postby jelufowoju » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:

Wow! I am going to have a much better chance than I thought. I'm not going to let the URM boost make me complacent with my studies, but I will be way more likely to apply with a 164 let's say, than wait to retake without even applying.

Thank you :)

Haha, no problem dude, good luck with your apps! And yeah, complacency is really your worst enemy, while it's nice to know that as a urm you don't need a 170 to get into a t6 , the last thing you want to do is get cocky and complacent during prep and then shit the bed on game day because you didn't take the lsat seriously.

Return to “What are my chances??