3.26/169/Fortune500ManageWE

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lawcapture

Bronze

3.26/169/Fortune500ManageWE

Postby lawcapture » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Deleted
Last edited by lawcapture on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold

Re: 3.26/169/Fortune500ManageWE

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:16 pm

So, the good news is no one cares about your first LSAT score. Your 169 plays and will play strong. 8)

The bad news is this whole law school admissions game is all about the numbers (we can all thank USNWR for their rankings :roll: ) So, unfortunately, work experience doesn't mitigate GPA as much as you might imagine. Now, that being said, some schools (I'm thinking about Northwestern) LOVE people with work/life experiences and you'll have a more interesting story to tell with your background. But, ultimately, they are going to pick the kid who went from kindergarten to JD (KJD) with a 3.9/169 over the dude who has cracked skulls and made deals for 8 years and has a 3.2/169. That's just the breaks.

But, to put a nice bow on all this: I think you'll be fine man. You seem familiar with mylsn.info so you have a pretty good idea about your prospects. I'm certain you'll get in somewhere pretty decent and, with your experience, will do great. (As an aside, don't ED UVA...you might get in but holy shit--sticker! I know several folks from one of Penn/Duke/UVA who went and graduated into biglaw at sticker and they all huuuuuugely regret their decisions. Save your bargaining power and try to get a reasonable scholarship. Only place I'd ED would be Northwestern and their 150K scholarship that comes with...just something to think about.)

Good luck!

Clemenceau

Silver

Re: 3.26/169/Fortune500ManageWE

Postby Clemenceau » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:00 am

Obviously you have your own reasons for wanting to attend law school, but you should consider staying where you are. It sounds like you are doing well and have a good gig. The law schools you listed are going to be extraordinarily expensive for someone with a 3.2 gpa.

Return to “What are my chances??