Should I apply again with current credentials?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kattakakka

New

Should I apply again with current credentials?

Postby kattakakka » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:50 pm

I scored each 163 and 166 in last year's February and October LSAT. My final GPA is 3.5.
For this cycle, I was rejected from all T14, wait-listed in UCLA, UT and got 75000 ~ 108000 scholarship from schools right below them (until T20).

In this June LSAT, I got 168. As I browsed number statistics, I found out that with 168 and my current GPA, there is about 40 ~ 75% chance in different schools below T6, depending on their ranking. Also, it seems that I might get higher scholarship in schools I was admitted to or wait-listed from, this year, though I have outside scholarship and am less concerned about financial burden.

However, as you all know, most top schools consider all LSAT scores, not the highest one. (Except Northwestern)
I have no idea how my previous 163 and 166 will affect my application.
So, I was wondering, if I decide to reapply this Fall, it would be a waste of another year or a shot worth taking, given that I'm highly interested in attending T14.

barkschool

Silver

Re: Should I apply again with current credentials?

Postby barkschool » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Reapply

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:02 pm

kattakakka wrote:However, as you all know, most top schools consider all LSAT scores, not the highest one. (Except Northwestern)

most don't. yale might. reapply.

Chad_IRL

New

Postby Chad_IRL » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Law schools admit students with high LSATs because those students raise the median LSAT of the school at which they matriculate. Your previous LSAT scores will not factor into this calculation, so law schools have great incentive not to factor your previous LSAT scores into their admissions decision.

That's one of the reasons everyone says "retake" here. Don't worry aboot it, reapply.

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:39 pm

just to clarify, some schools used to average your LSAT attempts but this hasn't been in practice for at least a decade if not more, especially with the drop in applications post-2008. sounds like boomer advice.

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Postby pittsburghpirates » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:45 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
kattakakka wrote:However, as you all know, most top schools consider all LSAT scores, not the highest one. (Except Northwestern)

most don't. yale might. reapply.

This. Definitely reapply OP and congrats on your successful retake

Return to “What are my chances??