GPA3.2, LSAT179(average177), chance at Northwestern early decision?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
CliviaLee

New

GPA3.2, LSAT179(average177), chance at Northwestern early decision?

Postby CliviaLee » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:36 am

Yes, I'm a super splitter. I have two LSAT scores, 174 and 179 respectively. My GPA is just...as you can see, abysmal. Worked as an LSAT tutor at New Oriental, the biggest education consultancy firm in China for a year, but not sure if that'd count as work experience. Undergraduate at an obscure university in China (obscure in the US, but rather prestigious in China).
I have given up on higher goals like YHS or Columbia due to my poor performance on university courses.(suffered from clinical depression for a year or so, still in recovery) I heard Northwerstern is (relatively) splitter-friendly and its early decision program yields an automatic $150k grant, of which I'm in great need. I'm a Chinese citizen so guess I'm not URM in this playground :p I would greatly appreciate your opinions on my chances at this program, and at other lower-end T14 schools.
A lot of thanks to all you good people. Any input will be greatly appreciated :)

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Re: GPA3.2, LSAT179(average177), chance at Northwestern early decision?

Postby pittsburghpirates » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:01 am

Don't give up on Columbia for sure (definitely apply) and I think with early apps you have a good shot to scoop up a few T14s. Write optional essays for everywhere and get those apps in early. Can't speak to specific chances at the NU ED, but I think applying to it is a very good idea. Best case you get it and the 150K, worst case you get pushed to the regular pool and the fact that you applied ED will likely be an additional positive component of your application. Best of luck OP and congrats on a great LSAT score

Cardew

New

Postby Cardew » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:43 am

pittsburghpirates wrote:Don't give up on Columbia for sure (definitely apply) and I think with early apps you have a good shot to scoop up a few T14s. Write optional essays for everywhere and get those apps in early. Can't speak to specific chances at the NU ED, but I think applying to it is a very good idea. Best case you get it and the 150K, worst case you get pushed to the regular pool and the fact that you applied ED will likely be an additional positive component of your application. Best of luck OP and congrats on a great LSAT score

Thank you for your advice and your encouragement! That really means a lot to me, especially as I'm pretty disheartened at the my prospects. Btw, what do you think are my chances of scholarships at T14s? My family is not very well off so a next to full scholarship is essential for me to go anywhere.

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Postby pittsburghpirates » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:24 am

Cardew wrote:Thank you for your advice and your encouragement! That really means a lot to me, especially as I'm pretty disheartened at the my prospects. Btw, what do you think are my chances of scholarships at T14s? My family is not very well off so a next to full scholarship is essential for me to go anywhere.

Your chances at a ful scholarship in the T14 are pretty low given your situation. I think you could have a decent shot at some $$ at the lower T14. Really hard to offer specifics, but if you are looking to score a full ride or close to it make sure you also look at the strong regional schools in the area you want to practice.

Return to “What are my chances??