Chances at UGA/Alabama Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Downindixie

New

Chances at UGA/Alabama

Post by Downindixie » Sat May 28, 2016 7:39 pm

3.0 GPA
164 LSAT
Average softs.

Any chance at either, and if so, any chance of scholarships? I'm asking the forum because it's hard to find many comparable profiles on MyLSN or LSN due to my GPA being so low. I would think my LSAT gives me a chance at both, but I don't know how heavily either of those schools weight GPA.

Note: I'v taken the LSAT twice and scored the same on both of them, so I doubt i'm going to do any better with how ADD I am. Both were the same story. went -2 or less on the first 2 sections, had a complete melt down as the day went on. I just don't have the ability to sustain a high level of focus throughout the entire test, so i really don't want to waste any more time or money on retake.

Minnietron

Silver

Re: Chances at UGA/Alabama

Post by Minnietron » Sat May 28, 2016 8:00 pm

Downindixie wrote:3.0 GPA
164 LSAT
Average softs.

Any chance at either, and if so, any chance of scholarships? I'm asking the forum because it's hard to find many comparable profiles on MyLSN or LSN due to my GPA being so low. I would think my LSAT gives me a chance at both, but I don't know how heavily either of those schools weight GPA.

Note: I'v taken the LSAT twice and scored the same on both of them, so I doubt i'm going to do any better with how ADD I am. Both were the same story. went -2 or less on the first 2 sections, had a complete melt down as the day went on. I just don't have the ability to sustain a high level of focus throughout the entire test, so i really don't want to waste any more time or money on retake.
You might want to reconsider law school. In-class exams generally require 3+ hours of sustained focus; you don't get mini breaks between sections. Take-home exams appear less intense, but you often need to focus for 6+ hours. To top it off, everyone in your lsat testing center could, theoretically, score 180. In law school, most exams are graded on a forced curve, so your ability to focus during the exam could be more critical.

I'm not saying don't go, but if you think the lsat is tough, just wait.

ETA: Retake and practice ways to maintain focus. Every extra point helps you gain $$$.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dads707

New

Re: Chances at UGA/Alabama

Post by Dads707 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:14 am

Minnietron wrote:
Downindixie wrote:3.0 GPA
164 LSAT
Average softs.

You might want to reconsider law school. In-class exams generally require 3+ hours of sustained focus; you don't get mini breaks between sections. Take-home exams appear less intense, but you often need to focus for 6+ hours. To top it off, everyone in your lsat testing center could, theoretically, score 180. In law school, most exams are graded on a forced curve, so your ability to focus during the exam could be more critical.

I'm not saying don't go, but if you think the lsat is tough, just wait.

ETA: Retake and practice ways to maintain focus. Every extra point helps you gain $$$.
^ This ^

Also, I was more of a splitter than you (170/2.66)

Applied to both

UGA gave me half (~$20,000) the first year with the idea that I would convert to a GA resident to get the in-state (which was about half) the second two years

UA gave me 75% ($28,000/yr), but it was contingent on my GPA staying above median

Neither seemed like a great deal, IMO.

Return to “What are my chances?”