AA Male T-14 Reapply? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

What do you think will happen if I reapply?

YOU GOT INTO SOME GOOD SCHOOLS JUST PAY AND GO THIS CYCLE!
22%
Harvard if I get 170+
17%
I could potentially get into CCN (with money) with a 168+
22%
I could potentially get into CCN (sticker) with a 168+
6%
Good shoot at Penn/Northwestern/Berkely with a 167+
6%
I will get into the schools I got into (and probably with more money) with a 165+
17%
I will definitely get into the schools I was accepted into with a 165+
11%
I might not get into any of the schools I was accepted into with a 162-165 retake
No votes

Total votes: 18

LawSchoolDilemma

New

AA Male T-14 Reapply?

Post by LawSchoolDilemma » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Thank you!
Last edited by LawSchoolDilemma on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: AA Male T-14 Reapply?

Post by Tiago Splitter » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:38 pm

If you can improve by a few points in June you could potentially go to one of those schools with a six-figure scholarship this cycle. Either way, definitely retake.

fliptrip

Gold

Post by fliptrip » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:42 pm

LawSchoolDilemma wrote: Do I just attend school this cycle and pay the 250,000 to 300,000$ at sticker (and hope for biglaw).
Never EVER do this. It doesn't matter if you have to take the LSAT 10 times, do not attend any school at sticker. Retaking is the best idea and if you get to 167 plus, my best guess as to what will happen is you'll probably get in where you've already gotten in and you might snag something in the CCN grouping. HYS aren't going to happen, but that's okay. If you hit that 167+ target, you'll get substantial discounts at the schools you've already been admitted to.

T14orTradeSchool

New

Post by T14orTradeSchool » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:52 pm

You will without a doubt get into those schools again with a 167+ and I'd say, probably get into at least one of your WL's and scholarship money from Georgetown at least (and more from USC). I think what it boils down to is if you think you can get that 167+. Many people here would say retake is always the option if you're under a certain score, but how long have you studied for? How much time did you put in? How many times have you taken the LSAT?

If 162 is your first time score, I think you can do better. I (personally) think you just naturally get better at the test after your first go-around. In that case, I'd say retake is a good option. Still, you should weigh in how well you think you'd do this time around, realistically (tho I'd bet you can do better).

If you do decide to retake, make sure you go extremely hard. It would suck to sit out a cycle only to stay the same or improve by just a point. and if this is your first time, and you retake and don't do as well as you want, regroup and then retake once more (until you're out of retakes before the next cycle). Then evaluate your position.

So yeah, take all of that^ into consideration.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”