3.97 GPA 165 LSAT URM Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
zmaldo45

New

3.97 GPA 165 LSAT URM

Post by zmaldo45 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:16 pm

Mexican, graduated from UCLA summa cum laude.
I'm applying to 9/10 top 10 schools plus some lower teen schools.
Curious about these.
Harvard
Stanford
Columbia
Chicago
Penn
Berkeley
NYU
I am just curious about my chances with my apps being sent off in early January. Especially about Harvard and Stanford. Harvard is my only "reach" school according to some probability calculations, but I don't have high hopes. So what are my chances?

Mikey

Platinum

Re: 3.97 GPA 165 LSAT URM

Post by Mikey » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Last edited by Mikey on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Last edited by runinthefront on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wvwv123

New

Post by Wvwv123 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:43 pm

zmaldo45 wrote:Mexican, graduated from UCLA summa cum laude.
Curious about these.
Harvard
Stanford
Columbia
Chicago
Penn
Berkeley
NYU
I am just curious about my chances with my apps being sent off in early January. Especially about Harvard and Stanford. Harvard is my only "reach" school according to some probability calculations, but I don't have high hopes. So what are my chances?
Y and S are out for you unless you get a better LSAT score, but H is a possibility. I think you have a very good shot at Chicago and NYU. Columbia prefers high LSATs over high GPAs, so you might get rejected there, but you do have a shot. You'll get into Berekley. I don't know anything about Penn except that they waitlist a lot of URMs

fliptrip

Gold

Post by fliptrip » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Wvwv123 wrote:
zmaldo45 wrote:Mexican, graduated from UCLA summa cum laude.
Curious about these.
Harvard
Stanford
Columbia
Chicago
Penn
Berkeley
NYU
Y and S are out for you unless you get a better LSAT score, but H is a possibility. I think you have a very good shot at Chicago and NYU. Columbia prefers high LSATs over high GPAs, so you might get rejected there, but you do have a shot. You'll get into Berekley. I don't know anything about Penn except that they waitlist a lot of URMs
Two things...ol' Penn waitlists a lot of everyone, so I think the default expectation for just about anyone is a w/l from there. And Berkeley's too much of a black box to speak definitively about anyone's chances there, but as long as you work really hard to write a B specific PS you should have a good shot.

fliptrip

Gold

Post by fliptrip » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:58 pm

Sorry, one other thing...I don't see why you wouldn't just throw a Yale Mary too...your GPA is really great and I'm sure the profs recommending you will rave about you in your rec letters. Your chance there isn't absolutely zero. Who knows, you might just have that right special sauce.

Or, and sorry to beat this well worn drum...retake the LSAT. If you got a 165 and have that super GPA you're plenty smart enough to get to 170. I don't have time to do the LSN analysis, but I bet a 170 non-AA URM with your GPA sees pretty significantly altered chances.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”