166, 3.3GPA, Female Non-URM, lower t-14 possible stretch? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lsachunter

New

166, 3.3GPA, Female Non-URM, lower t-14 possible stretch?

Post by lsachunter » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:46 am

I am a female, non-URM with a 166 LSAT score and a 3.3GPA . I am predicting a 3.4ish LSAC GPA once my transfer credit is factored in as I have taken a bunch of courses over the summer at local colleges and took a few during high school. I believe these will be factored into the LSAC calculated GPA, but I'm not certain.

The only reason that my GPA is so low is because I suffered from extreme depression during my first three semesters at university due to a very traumatic personal experience and my parent's divorce. I received treatment for my depression in the middle of sophomore year, which resulted in an extreme upwards grade trend. I started spring semester of sophomore year with a 2.6 cumulative GPA and have received a 3.45, 3.88, 3.65 (slightly lower due to the different education system with study abroad) and 3.95 as semester GPAs consecutively following my treatment. Without counting my first three semesters, my cumulative GPA would have been around a 3.75. I plan to write a short addendum explaining my circumstances in the small hope it'll be considered.

I also have some softs such as: legal internship (employment law for a start-up company), completion of a scholars program at my university, two scholarships (merit + diversity), and three years of involvement for an international affairs program where I currently sit on the board as the chairperson for the group's community service and outreach.

What do you think my chances are at a lower t-14, even if it means paying ticket price? Could I consider either Cornell, Northwestern or Georgetown as a reasonable stretch school? I realize my numbers are a little low, but do you think it worth be worth taking a chance with any of these three?

PrayFor170

Bronze

Re: 166, 3.3GPA, Female Non-URM, lower t-14 possible stretch?

Post by PrayFor170 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:07 pm

The best option you have is retake. Also, unless you can pull off your traumatic experience really well, it's really a tricky topic to discuss.

Check your PM!

Return to “What are my chances?”