LSAT retake - how much will it matter? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
legally_brunette20

New

LSAT retake - how much will it matter?

Post by legally_brunette20 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:23 am

Last edited by legally_brunette20 on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

QuentonCassidy

Silver

Re: LSAT retake - how much will it matter?

Post by QuentonCassidy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:31 am

legally_brunette20 wrote:Okay so 4.0 LSAC GPA (slightly lower from my institution but only by about 0.07).
Highest LSAT = 172, but 164 on first go around
above average softs = WE, Fulbright, significant EC involvement in undergrad, research experience
good recs, but one is from an advisor rather than a professor

Will by first LSAT score knock me out of being in the running for Harvard or Columbia?! LSN does not help with multiple scores.
First LSAT will not hurt you. Harvard explicitly states that they only consider the highest LSAT score in their evaluation (check their admissions FAQ under "should I retake the LSAT"). You have great stats and a Fulbright is one of the few things that truly counts as a great soft, your chances for Harvard and Columbia are good.

legally_brunette20

New

Post by legally_brunette20 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:37 am

Last edited by legally_brunette20 on Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flawedargument

New

Post by flawedargument » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Apply, see if you get in to HLS or CLS, retake if you don't. Nothing wrong with a year off if it comes down to it. Given your background, I'm sure you'll make good use of it, and it will help you where it counts - 1L grades. I know someone with a 3.9x from a public school and a 170-71 who was on Harvard Law Review. Apply and see what happens. He had very little in the way of softs. Anecdotal stories are anecdotal, you'll never know until you try. Don't rush this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”