Aiming for Stanford, 4.03/172 - retake? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
adrianparlow

New

Aiming for Stanford, 4.03/172 - retake?

Post by adrianparlow » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:35 am

I just got back my October results at a 172. Little disappointed as I had been averaging around 176 in my last 10 PTs, but didn't sleep well the night before the test. Really want to get into Stanford, and I'm wondering what my chances are with this LSAT (puts me right on their median score). Maybe worth noting my GPA is from a top Canadian school, but they hand out A+s. My softs are solid but not spectacular. I'm trying to decide whether to retake in December or just give it a shot with my current score. Thanks for the advice

jphiggo

Bronze

Re: Aiming for Stanford, 4.03/172 - retake?

Post by jphiggo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:54 am

mylsn.info

I would think your chances of a Stanford admission would be above average, especially with an early application.

basedvulpes

Gold

Post removed.

Post by basedvulpes » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:28 am

Post removed.
Last edited by basedvulpes on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Post by gnomgnomuch » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:39 am

adrianparlow wrote:I just got back my October results at a 172. Little disappointed as I had been averaging around 176 in my last 10 PTs, but didn't sleep well the night before the test. Really want to get into Stanford, and I'm wondering what my chances are with this LSAT (puts me right on their median score). Maybe worth noting my GPA is from a top Canadian school, but they hand out A+s. My softs are solid but not spectacular. I'm trying to decide whether to retake in December or just give it a shot with my current score. Thanks for the advice
I'd probably say yes, but ONLY if you're certain that you'll score higher. Honestly though, you're in a better position than most people. You're def looking at a few full rides. Have fun with your cycle.

adrianparlow

New

Post by adrianparlow » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:21 pm

gnomgnomuch wrote:
I'd probably say yes, but ONLY if you're certain that you'll score higher. Honestly though, you're in a better position than most people. You're def looking at a few full rides. Have fun with your cycle.
That being said, if I do decide to retake, should I apply now with my current score or hold off til December/Jan? My thinking is, I doubt they would reject me outright with my current score, but I may get waitlisted in which case a better second result could help.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”