GPA slide Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
gaflaher

New

GPA slide

Post by gaflaher » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:57 pm

I'm a triple major in econ, math, and philosophy at a southern football school with a 3.8 gpa and a 175 LSAT. My grades slipped from a 3.95 a year ago due to a combination of personal circumstances including being involved with an abusive partner, having several family members pass away or become ill, increased financial hardship, and the reentry of my abusive father into my life. My softs are decent, but not exceptional. In addition to involvement in several student organizations, I was able to secure a research position in law and economics and also founded the student union of my school's honors college. What are my chances at HYSCCN?

shump92

Bronze

Re: GPA slide

Post by shump92 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:18 pm

They are very high. If you are still in UG, be sure to hold that 3.8 level and the one lower year won't matter. Part of the decline was probably affected by having higher level classes, which you would have again as a senior. No locks at HYS obviously, but with good essays and LORs your chances are as good as anyone's. Probably some scholarships at CCN. The only thing that could hurt you is lack of WE as a KJD.

rnoodles

Platinum

Re: GPA slide

Post by rnoodles » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:26 pm

You shouldn't have trouble, but I would still include a brief addendum explaining it so committees at top schools don't think your GPA slid because you couldn't handle upper-level learning.

Return to “What are my chances?”