Worth the trouble?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kevgogators

Worth the trouble?

Postby kevgogators » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:29 pm

Seeking some advice, here's a quick run down.

I have a uGPA of 3.7+, but got rektd by some old HS dual enrollment and CC classes I took while working full-time.

My LSAC GPA is sitting at a modest 3.45. I have enough credits to graduate, but I intentionally put it off. If I take an extra semester of classes I can bring it up to a 3.50, but it'd have to be a heavy load..like 19 credits.

I'm just wondering if the all the effort is justifiable or pointless given the marginal return? I feel that a 3.5 looks a fuck-load better than a 3.45 but maybe I'm over quantifying it.

BTW,
Aiming for T-14.
URM, non-AA
Took June LSAT...Score pending.
Last edited by kevgogators on Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonTheMandamus

Re: Worth the trouble?

Postby JonTheMandamus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:35 pm

For the schools you're aiming for, I don't think it'll make much of a difference. It might marginally if your lsat score happens to sit on the border for percentile cutoffs. If we were talking about a 0.20 jump, that would be a different story, but 0.05 is really not much of a difference.

JonTheMandamus

Postby JonTheMandamus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:36 pm

Edit: Don't forget to consider the amount of opportunity cost you have for putting off your application cycle for an additional year. You lose out on a year's worth of salary.

dudders

Postby dudders » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:37 pm

Wait and see what your LSAT is. You'd obviously need a killer LSAT score to have a shot at T-14 with either of those GPAs. I'd run both GPAs and probable/actual LSATs through Law School Predictor and see if it looks like it'll make any (worthwhile) difference.

kevgogators

Postby kevgogators » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:46 pm

dudders wrote:Wait and see what your LSAT is. You'd obviously need a killer LSAT score to have a shot at T-14 with either of those GPAs. I'd run both GPAs and probable/actual LSATs through Law School Predictor and see if it looks like it'll make any (worthwhile) difference.

I wish I could, but registration ends well before score release..the decision has to be made blind. I was PTing in the lower 170's and feel good about test day, although you can never be too sure.

I'll play w/ the numbers. Thanks

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:30 pm

Use www.mylsn.info

Not law school predictor

Return to “What are my chances?”