3.4 GPA/ 175 LSAT/ URM - MEXICAN AMERICAN

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Cnel. Roy Mustang

3.4 GPA/ 175 LSAT/ URM - MEXICAN AMERICAN

Postby Cnel. Roy Mustang » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:46 am

I'm from California, a son of immigrants/ first generation college student, and a McNair Scholar (federal program aimed at getting underrepresented college students into graduate school). I have some research experience and solid letters of rec.

I double majored in social science disciplines. I am also and have always been low-income, so I qualify for the LSAC fee waiver and this translates into waived fee applications at some law schools.

What are my chances at the top6 law schools? What should I consider my reach/match/safety schools to be? Ideally I want to attend a school within the top20, with Harvard being my dream school.

Thank you for your time!

PS: How many law schools does one generally apply to?

Mack.Hambleton

Re: 3.4 GPA/ 175 LSAT/ URM - MEXICAN AMERICAN

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:57 am

mylsn.info

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:13 am

Cnel. Roy Mustang wrote:PS: How many law schools does one generally apply to?

Apply to the entire T14 along with one or two regional schools in your area. You'll be fine.

RunnerRunner

Postby RunnerRunner » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:22 am

Of top 6, I'd say you have Columbia and NYU in the bag. Everything below that as well. I initially thought you'd have pretty strong chances at YHS and Chicago, but mylsn doesn't give you very good odds, even accounting for URM status (extremely small sample size though. Maybe ask in the URM forum to see if someone has more info for you). I'd apply to as many T14 schools as possible, and I'd say on average people apply to around 10 or so schools. I think you are going to wind up having an excellent cycle and excellent options.

FullRamboLSGrad

Postby FullRamboLSGrad » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:13 am

Retake.

But seriously OP I'm incredibly jealous, you have a bright future ahead of you.

PeanutsNJam

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:10 am

Prob not Y and S, but OP have an above median LSAT at H, and is a URM so that GPA won't matter much. Seeing as how H takes below both 25% median URMs, I think OP has a real shot at H. Maybe not one at Chicago, but yeah Columbia/NYU in the bag. Big money at lower T14.

Return to “What are my chances?”