Three takes at HYS?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
chaitealatte

Three takes at HYS?

Postby chaitealatte » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:45 am

Hi everyone-- just wondering if anyone's had experience with having three LSAT takes on your record when applying to HYS? I know the conventional wisdom is that now most places take your highest, but I'm wondering how true that is at the top of the list-- and especially at YS which are such black boxes to begin with. FWIW I currently have one cancel, waiting on my June score, and I plan on retaking if I don't cross 172. Thanks!

OhBoyOhBortles

Re: Three takes at HYS?

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:47 am

chaitealatte wrote:Hi everyone-- just wondering if anyone's had experience with having three LSAT takes on your record when applying to HYS? I know the conventional wisdom is that now most places take your highest, but I'm wondering how true that is at the top of the list-- and especially at YS which are such black boxes to begin with. FWIW I currently have one cancel, waiting on my June score, and I plan on retaking if I don't cross 172. Thanks!

You'll need better than 172, unless you have a 4.0 and also speak 3+ languages/have cured a rare disease. The number of takes won't matter though.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:46 am

I took three times and it didn't matter for me. I doubt it matters at all for HS and probably Y

Indifference

Postby Indifference » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:47 am

Also took three times. Didn't seem to matter (at H)

Elston Gunn

Postby Elston Gunn » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:42 am

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:
chaitealatte wrote:Hi everyone-- just wondering if anyone's had experience with having three LSAT takes on your record when applying to HYS? I know the conventional wisdom is that now most places take your highest, but I'm wondering how true that is at the top of the list-- and especially at YS which are such black boxes to begin with. FWIW I currently have one cancel, waiting on my June score, and I plan on retaking if I don't cross 172. Thanks!

You'll need better than 172, unless you have a 4.0 and also speak 3+ languages/have cured a rare disease. The number of takes won't matter though.

(is apparently unaware of Stanford's LSAT median)

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:52 am

You can find writings indicating that Yale prefers just one LSAT score, but a preference is neither a limit nor a requirement.
The TLS profile of Yale, however, indicates otherwise in that several students have been admitted to Yale Law School with multiple LSAT scores.

chaitealatte

Postby chaitealatte » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks everyone! This is really reassuring.

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:21 pm

From what I have read the reason that Yale might prefer only one take is that most people who get in are admitted through the process of faculty members scoring their application with whatever means they feel like. A lot of those professors came through law school when you could only have one take, and therefore some may look down on those who took it more than once.

HS I doubt care whatsoever unless your first score is sub 160.

jingosaur

Postby jingosaur » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:44 pm

I took 3 times and am going to H.

Return to “What are my chances?”