International Advice

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Topszn

International Advice

Postby Topszn » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:54 pm

This might be a dumb question but i honestly have no idea - What effect does being an international have on your chances of T-14, assuming numbers are good? I'm from England with good-great softs, LSAT and GPA, but do you automatically go to the bottom of the list because you're an int.?

Also, I've seen people refer to foreign transcript evals. as 'superior', I assume this is some kind of scale - can anyone elaborate?

Thanks a bunch, feeling a bit in the dark at the moment.

Hand

Re: International Advice

Postby Hand » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:28 pm

When you have your school send your UG records to LSAC, they'll give it a rating: superior, above average, average, or below average. You're probably gonna get a superior or an above average, if your undergrad grades don't stink.

You don't go to the bottom of the pile as an international. You'll probably get the sort of results that mylsn.info predicts for your LSAT range and a slightly below median GPA for the relevant schools.

For a spreadsheet recording how this past cycle turned out for a bunch of the international applicants on this board, see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=233438

Best of luck

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Internationals receive strong consideration. One's LSAT score is the most important factor.

Topszn

Postby Topszn » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:43 pm

thanks guys, that's been really helpful :)

Return to “What are my chances?”