Re applicant

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tfarunner

Re applicant

Postby tfarunner » Tue May 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Curious to get other's thoughts on this. I currently have a 168/3.87 undergrad and 4.0 masters. I have finished two years of TFA and ran a D1 sport.

However, I applied after receiving my Feb. LSAT score (168) and have a previous score of 158- big testing nerves/anxiety. While I have some good offers this cycle and good financial options, the dream is Harvard. I know this may seem naive, but I do have reasons for wanting this and acknowledge potential debt.

I am currently on the wait-list at HLS, but getting more and more fearful that this isn't going to pan out. That being said, I am at the point where I am more likely to re-take the LSAT and to re-apply next year to increase my chances. That being said, I have one LSAT take left and no summer plans, so I intend to study and then re-take in October.

What score would TLSers say I would need to break? I feel like 173 is a good aim, but perhaps someone else has a different idea/suggestion.

PoopNpants

Re: Re applicant

Postby PoopNpants » Tue May 26, 2015 3:51 pm

I think a 173 would put you in good position with that GPA, since that's their 50% LSAT median. Prep hard for the summer and good luck in Oct.!

dnptan

Postby dnptan » Tue May 26, 2015 6:48 pm

tfarunner wrote:Curious to get other's thoughts on this. I currently have a 168/3.87 undergrad and 4.0 masters. I have finished two years of TFA and ran a D1 sport.

However, I applied after receiving my Feb. LSAT score (168) and have a previous score of 158- big testing nerves/anxiety. While I have some good offers this cycle and good financial options, the dream is Harvard. I know this may seem naive, but I do have reasons for wanting this and acknowledge potential debt.

I am currently on the wait-list at HLS, but getting more and more fearful that this isn't going to pan out. That being said, I am at the point where I am more likely to re-take the LSAT and to re-apply next year to increase my chances. That being said, I have one LSAT take left and no summer plans, so I intend to study and then re-take in October.

What score would TLSers say I would need to break? I feel like 173 is a good aim, but perhaps someone else has a different idea/suggestion.

I applied 3 times, got in the 3rd time. If it's really a dream retake the LSAT and re-apply. I got in H with a 173 (up from 170) retake. I aimed for a 180. Good luck!

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Wed May 27, 2015 11:36 pm

reapplied as well and got in this cycle, 171/172 would be a maybe, 173 or better and youd have very solid chances

Return to “What are my chances?”