Northwestern Chances (NOT MY STATS)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
emilymoore04

Northwestern Chances (NOT MY STATS)

Postby emilymoore04 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:46 pm

My friend is also applying to law school next year, and Northwestern is his #1 school.

GPA: 3.1
LSAT: 178

*He's applying K-JD. What are his chances? Chances for $$$$?
Last edited by emilymoore04 on Tue May 19, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ManoftheHour

Re: Northwestern Chances (NOT MY STATS)

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue May 19, 2015 5:47 pm

ED NU?

emilymoore04

Postby emilymoore04 » Tue May 19, 2015 5:50 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:ED NU?

Yes. And actually, I'm sorry, his GPA is a 3.1, not 3.2

ballcaps

Postby ballcaps » Tue May 19, 2015 6:10 pm

weird combo, but:

looks like a very solid chance at NU, in fact

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue May 19, 2015 6:17 pm

emilymoore04 wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:ED NU?

Yes. And actually, I'm sorry, his GPA is a 3.1, not 3.2

He would probably be admitted with some $$ in RD (see chart above). NU is known to be very splitter friendly. If I were him, ED NU is probably the best option since it comes with a full ride. That GPA will hurt him since the people they take via ED are usually applicants with good GPA and LSAT stats (which is why the school wants to lock them up). If he doesn't get in via ED, he will probably get in RD with some $$.

emilymoore04

Postby emilymoore04 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:20 pm

ballcaps wrote:weird combo, but:

Thanks! It is a weird combo and he's a serious splitter, but that being said, he may or may not have the opportunity to fill out a GPA addendum explaining many things.

Hornet2011

Postby Hornet2011 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:02 pm

OP is your friend applying ED northwestern or to The dual Kellogg JD program? If he is apply to the K-JD program I hate to be the bearer or bad news but his or her stellar LSAT is irrelevant -- they only take the GMAT for that program. In which case I have only heard rumors (maybe somebody can substantiate them?) that people in that program don't get much $$$.

As the other posters say NU is splinter friendly and would likely get in at least on RD. Also to the best of my knowledge NU does not offer the option to join the MBA program after admission to law school like many other schools. I am still researching other JD-MBA programs but potentially he might get more money if he gets into a JD program and then applies to that schools MBA program? Does anybody know about this?

Also in the spirit of full disclosure, I am taking the June LSAT and will be applying for ED NU and maybe will be taking the GMAT and looking at the K-JD (thus why I have some knowledge of it). I don't mean my post to be an attempt to dissuade your friend from applying to lessen the applicant pool or any other shenanigans like that. In fact I encourage him to apply. I just wanted to provide you with the information I am aware of. Best of luck and I will try and find out some more info!

ballcaps

Postby ballcaps » Tue May 19, 2015 7:07 pm

emilymoore04 wrote:
ballcaps wrote:weird combo, but:

Thanks! It is a weird combo and he's a serious splitter, but that being said, he may or may not have the opportunity to fill out a GPA addendum explaining many things.

not really sure what you're getting at with all this (multiple threads, multiple edits, non sequiturs), but gpa addenda are virtually meaningless. tell your, er, friend not to count on it.

emilymoore04

Postby emilymoore04 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Hornet2011 wrote:OP is your friend applying ED northwestern or to The dual Kellogg JD program? If he is apply to the K-JD program I hate to be the bearer or bad news but his or her stellar LSAT is irrelevant -- they only take the GMAT for that program. In which case I have only heard rumors (maybe somebody can substantiate them?) that people in that program don't get much $$$.

As the other posters say NU is splinter friendly and would likely get in at least on RD. Also to the best of my knowledge NU does not offer the option to join the MBA program after admission to law school like many other schools. I am still researching other JD-MBA programs but potentially he might get more money if he gets into a JD program and then applies to that schools MBA program? Does anybody know about this?

Also in the spirit of full disclosure, I am taking the June LSAT and will be applying for ED NU and maybe will be taking the GMAT and looking at the K-JD (thus why I have some knowledge of it). I don't mean my post to be an attempt to dissuade your friend from applying to lessen the applicant pool or any other shenanigans like that. In fact I encourage him to apply. I just wanted to provide you with the information I am aware of. Best of luck and I will try and find out some more info!

He is not applying to the dual Kellog JD Program. Just ED Northwestern JD.

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue May 19, 2015 7:25 pm

OP it is pretty obvious from your posting history that you don't have any friends and probably haven't even taken the LSAT. This is such a weird way to troll.

Clemenceau

Postby Clemenceau » Tue May 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Hornet2011 wrote:OP is your friend applying ED northwestern or to The dual Kellogg JD program? If he is apply to the K-JD program I hate to be the bearer or bad news but his or her stellar LSAT is irrelevant -- they only take the GMAT for that program. In which case I have only heard rumors (maybe somebody can substantiate them?) that people in that program don't get much $$$.

Maybe avoid the on-topics

Cobretti

Postby Cobretti » Tue May 19, 2015 7:54 pm

K-JD refers to people that go straight through from undergrad (kindergarten through law school). Also, NU does let you apply to the dual degree program during 1L.

emilymoore04

Postby emilymoore04 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:28 pm

Hand wrote:OP it is pretty obvious from your posting history that you don't have any friends and probably haven't even taken the LSAT. This is such a weird way to troll.

I'm sorry, do you know me? At all? I haven't even spoken to you at all in my entire life? I don't think you can properly attest to whether I have friends or not. Get out of here.

BasilHallward

Postby BasilHallward » Tue May 19, 2015 8:32 pm

emilymoore04 wrote:
Hand wrote:OP it is pretty obvious from your posting history that you don't have any friends and probably haven't even taken the LSAT. This is such a weird way to troll.

I'm sorry, do you know me? At all? I haven't even spoken to you at all in my entire life? I don't think you can properly attest to whether I have friends or not. Get out of here.

and… let the games begin! *cracks open a beer*

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Tue May 19, 2015 8:45 pm

emilymoore04 wrote:

He doesnt mean you don't have any friends as in social contacts ect.. He's implying that you don't have any friends in the sense that these threads you make about your "friends" are actually about you. Looking at your post history it's easy to see why. Get the fuck outta here

emilymoore04

Postby emilymoore04 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:28 am

Clyde Frog wrote:
emilymoore04 wrote:

He doesnt mean you don't have any friends as in social contacts ect.. He's implying that you don't have any friends in the sense that these threads you make about your "friends" are actually about you. Looking at your post history it's easy to see why. Get the fuck outta here

I wrote at the beginning of the post that these stats are NOT mine. They are significantly different than the ones seen on my previous posts. Plain & simple. If you don't believe me, don't comment on my posts. It's as simple as that.

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed May 20, 2015 9:30 am

emilymoore04 wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:
emilymoore04 wrote:

I wrote at the beginning of the post that these stats are NOT mine. They are significantly different than the ones seen on my previous posts. Plain & simple. If you don't believe me, don't comment on my posts. It's as simple as that.

That I don't believe you is precisely why I comment on your post. It's as simple as that.

emilymoore04

Postby emilymoore04 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:31 am

Hand wrote:
emilymoore04 wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:
emilymoore04 wrote:

That I don't believe you is precisely why I comment on your post. It's as simple as that.

If you don't believe me, please leave. This is my post.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 20, 2015 9:31 am

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 20, 2015 9:37 am

OBOB is almost trolling. Good Lord, I never thought I'd live to see the day.

Emilymoore, if you're for real, http://www.mylsn.info has what you're looking for. No one here can add substantively to that. On the other hand, if you're going to get in a pissing match with Hand, I do believe I'll stick around. Should be a hoot.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Wed May 20, 2015 9:53 am

The lack of work experience will be troubling, so he/she will have to address that. But I think it's close to a lock, especially if ED. NU could potentially offer him/her the $165k on the condition of deferring a year, as they are wont to do for those w/o work experience.

emilymoore04

Postby emilymoore04 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:25 am

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:The lack of work experience will be troubling, so he/she will have to address that. But I think it's close to a lock, especially if ED. NU could potentially offer him/her the $165k on the condition of deferring a year, as they are wont to do for those w/o work experience.

Thanks! Do you think that deferring for a year would be the only way to get $$$ from NU? I know they weigh WE heavily, but I was just wondering.

emilymoore04

Postby emilymoore04 » Wed May 20, 2015 10:28 am

TasmanianToucan wrote:OBOB is almost trolling. Good Lord, I never thought I'd live to see the day.

Emilymoore, if you're for real, http://www.mylsn.info has what you're looking for. No one here can add substantively to that. On the other hand, if you're going to get in a pissing match with Hand, I do believe I'll stick around. Should be a hoot.

I have checked mylsn. But Northwestern is a little more complicated because, along with stats, they weight WE pretty heavily. My friend doesn't much of that (no postgrad WE), and additionally, his GPA is below the 25th percentile for this school. The people that we saw that were accepted on mylsn...we're not sure where they stand in terms of WE.

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed May 20, 2015 11:09 am

emilymoore04 wrote:
TasmanianToucan wrote:OBOB is almost trolling. Good Lord, I never thought I'd live to see the day.

I have checked mylsn. But Northwestern is a little more complicated because, along with stats, they weight WE pretty heavily. My friend doesn't much of that (no postgrad WE), and additionally, his GPA is below the 25th percentile for this school. The people that we saw that were accepted on mylsn...we're not sure where they stand in terms of WE.

Does your friend have competitive genitals? I hear NU gives a big boost to large dongs and tight punanis.

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed May 20, 2015 11:10 am

Hand wrote:
emilymoore04 wrote:

Does your friend have competitive genitals? I hear NU gives a big boost to large dongs and tight punanis.

From what I've gathered a flexible bunghole counts for as much as 2 yrs of work experience

Return to “What are my chances?”