URGENT: Can someone make light of this

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Broncos15

URGENT: Can someone make light of this

Postby Broncos15 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:23 am

Hello,

I dropped two courses this semester ( non punitively) by my undergrad school but not sure what to make of the conflicting news on LSAC

http://www.lsac.org/aboutlsac/policies/ ... marization

"Grades Excluded From Conversion
Withdraw, Withdraw/Pass—only if the issuing school considers the grade nonpunitive.

Withdrawal grades that signify failure (such as WF=Withdraw/Fail, WU=Withdrew Unsatisfactory, WNP=Withdrew Not Passing) if the issuing school considers the grade nonpunitive. "

"Failing Grades
Any grade notation that signifies failure (such as No Credit, No Credit/Fail, Not Passing, Incomplete/Fail, Withdraw/Fail, Unsatisfactory, Fail, etc.) is converted to zero on the 4.0 scale and is included in the calculation of the GPA, even if the issuing school considers the grade to be nonpunitive. "

Broncos15

Re: URGENT: Can someone make light of this

Postby Broncos15 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:28 am

My confusion is the part where it says withdrawal grades are excluded from LSAC GPA including WF if the school considers them to be non punitive.......But then based on the LSAC notice about Failing grades it seems like LSAC can penalize you for a WF even if UG school doesn't

Contradictory info :x :x

Broncos15

Postby Broncos15 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:30 am

I wasn't failing the courses and had a B in the one's I dropped........so that's why I would hate to have an F or be one of those who gets a nasty surprise when they see their LSAC GPA

hearsay77

Postby hearsay77 » Fri May 08, 2015 5:15 am

Does your school issue them as Withdraw/Fail or just a withdraw? FWIW I had one Withdraw on my transcript and it didn't count toward my GPA.

Broncos15

Postby Broncos15 » Fri May 08, 2015 1:26 pm

hearsay77 wrote:Does your school issue them as Withdraw/Fail or just a withdraw? FWIW I had one Withdraw on my transcript and it didn't count toward my GPA.

So in a sense it boils down to what the school counts it as ? I believe it is just withdraw at my school

Return to “What are my chances?”