Chances at HYSCCN

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Chances at HYSCCN

Postby AnonymousApplicant » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi all.

I've posted here before, but this time I will give a clearer picture of my situation.

--I finished my undergrad at a state university in 3 years. My LSDAS GPA is a 3.79.

--I have yet to take the LSAT, but I have been studying, albeit intermittently, since last summer, and I've been prepping quite well. I've broken 170 4 times, but to be honest on all but one of those it was a retake of a test that I prepped with before. Hence, I'm anticipating, at least at minimum, a 165+ score, if not higher than that. Of course, my aim is 170+.

--I will be getting a masters degree in May from an Ivy League school in a humanities related subject. Though they don't give us actual GPAs, if they did and they calculated it according to the LSDAS methodology, my GPA would be a 3.54.

--I have two really good recommendations from my two of my graduate school professors. And these professors are fairly well-known. If I were to name one of them, in fact, I'm pretty sure that a few of the people lurking around here would know who he/she is.

--One minor C&F issue. I don't want to be too specific, but although I'm sure it might affect my application to a certain degree, it isn't anything major. And at any rate, it wouldn't have to be reported for HYS, considering how their C&F questions are phrased. And before any of you try and dispute me on this, don't worry, I've done my research and I know this for a fact.

--And finally, I'm an AA male.

So, everyone -- what are my chances?

Re: Chances at HYSCCN

Postby js1663 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:36 pm

If you can get a 166+ you have a great shot at HS and down - Yale is and will always be a crapshoot unless you get a 180 (and even then who knows) - either way though beware that you're 170s will not be indicative in any way if they are retakes and used materials, and that people often do as much as 5 points worse than their average on the practice test when it comes to the actual test - you should shoot for practice testing in the 170s legitimately before you take the LSAT - a 170+ and you're looking at full rides throughout the T14 and acceptances at some of HYS (assuing the c&f will have no impact, which it shouldn't at HYS since you're not reporting it).

Postby Broncos15 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:46 pm

No Masters/grad degrees do not count towards your LSAC degree

Enjoy the 3.8

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:53 pm

No duplicate threads. Since you have more answers on your other thread I'm going to lock this one, just PM me if you'd rather it's the other way around.

Return to “What are my chances?”