3rd Community College raise any red flags? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Broncos15

Bronze

3rd Community College raise any red flags?

Post by Broncos15 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Hey,

As far as the GPA is concerned, how much of a red flag ( if any) does it cause if I have three CC transcripts on my LSAC record.

My first CC where I started out as an undergrad before transferring to my 4 year university was horribly inept with the administration, getting transcripts in and whatnot so while at my 4 year school over the summers I have taken courses through a second CC which has been better as I have had no problems with their administration and efficiency

I am thinking of dropping a course I am struggling in and taking it at a 3rd CC ( basically I got placed in too advanced of a course that I wasn't ready for)

zombie mcavoy

Bronze

Re: 3rd Community College raise any red flags?

Post by zombie mcavoy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Broncos15 wrote:Hey,

As far as the GPA is concerned, how much of a red flag ( if any) does it cause if I have three CC transcripts on my LSAC record.

My first CC where I started out as an undergrad before transferring to my 4 year university was horribly inept with the administration, getting transcripts in and whatnot so while at my 4 year school over the summers I have taken courses through a second CC which has been better as I have had no problems with their administration and efficiency

I am thinking of dropping a course I am struggling in and taking it at a 3rd CC ( basically I got placed in too advanced of a course that I wasn't ready for)
doesn't matter at all. My LSAC report had six schools in it; didn't underperform my stats at all.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Honestly LSAT and GPA matter the most. I guess if you had two identical candidates and one came from a single, well-known school and the other had a smattering of distributed CC credits, they might favor the single school person, but I can't imagine it's that much of a deciding factor.

If you get an interview maybe expect it to come up and explain but I wouldn't worry about it. Just get good grades.

Broncos15

Bronze

Post by Broncos15 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Honestly LSAT and GPA matter the most. I guess if you had two identical candidates and one came from a single, well-known school and the other had a smattering of distributed CC credits, they might favor the single school person, but I can't imagine it's that much of a deciding factor.

Maybe at Y if anything because they can be picky about that ( even in this day of decreased apps)...but I don't have the LSAC GPA for there anyways

Broncos15

Bronze

Post by Broncos15 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:12 am

Would this cause any problem at Harvard?.....I'd like to give myself an outside chance ( pending the LSAT)..GPA is low for H ( 3.6 by graduation well below bottom 25% but 3.6's getting into H is not uncommon

I'm not sure how they would view someone with three CC's on their transcript

( I'm not just looking at H, hoping for good outcomes from CCN down, but H would be the dream)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawsRUs

Gold

Post by LawsRUs » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:34 pm

OP, fwiw for my UG I went to two universities and 3+ CCs, with two of the CCs being where I only took one course. I can say that they did not affect my application at all.

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:35 pm

It only affects your application insofar as the GPAs you get at the schools: do well.

Broncos15

Bronze

Post by Broncos15 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:14 pm

LawsRUs wrote:OP, fwiw for my UG I went to two universities and 3+ CCs, with two of the CCs being where I only took one course. I can say that they did not affect my application at all.

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”