When should I apply?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
FloridaBuckeye

When should I apply?

Postby FloridaBuckeye » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:41 am

Lurker for a long time, finally made an account to ask this question.
I have a 163 from September, and a 173 from February. Pretty happy with my score, but I might retake since I was PT'ing at 176. My problem is that I have a 3.23 GPA currently-after this semester and the summer classes I'm planning to take I should be up to a 3.37. I will take one more set of classes in the fall before I graduate in December, and as long as I do well should finish over 3.4. Since this number seems to be close to the 25% for many schools, should I wait till I get my fall grades to apply, or apply early? Not a URM, no spectacular softs. Thanks in advance.

Broncos15

Re: When should I apply?

Postby Broncos15 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:05 pm

My advice would be to wait if you think you can get over the 3.4 Every GPA point is important as a Splitter.

Remember by the time you graduate in december, Dec LSAT test takers won't have their scores back by then

FloridaBuckeye

Postby FloridaBuckeye » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:30 pm

My concern is that I've read that it is best to apply early for the top schools. I figure if I do that I'd be WL'd at a lot of places, and then when I get my fall transcript I could update my application to show that I'm "no longer a splitter".

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Earlier is better. You may want to consider working for a year or two after you graduate (which will also help at splitter-friendly NU) and then apply as soon as the application opens up in a year or two. Congrats on the great LSAT score! If you genuinely feel you could do better, though, I'd say retake during your down time after graduation.

For now though, definitely focus on getting that gpa up as much as possible.

Postby 03152016 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:53 pm

what schools are you applying to
how important is it for you to maximize financial aid
how expense is your undergrad, and how are you paying for it

FloridaBuckeye

Postby FloridaBuckeye » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:31 pm

Brut wrote:what schools are you applying to
how important is it for you to maximize financial aid
how expense is your undergrad, and how are you paying for it

Half scholarship, half parents paying for my undergrad currently. On my own for law school though.
I'd love to attend a T14, but I realize if I somehow do get into one of the lower T14's I probably won't get any scholarship $. However this wouldn't necessarily stop me from attending anyway.
I figure with my scores I should get a decent amount of the top 30. Really don't care where I go, I moved around a lot growing up and don't have any good connections anywhere.

Return to “What are my chances?”