165 LSAT, 3.94 uGPA, Top14?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
adil91

Re: 165 LSAT, 3.94 uGPA, Top14?

Postby adil91 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Go to med school dude

DrSpaceman

Postby DrSpaceman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:23 am

You've got to give it at least one more shot. Even just going up a single point is worth the time. You're going to spend months agonizing about the ways that you could have improved your applications as you wait for decisions. Then you're going to really wish you'd retaken when it comes time to beg for scholarship money. Just suck it up for one more take.

ddsbutler

Postby ddsbutler » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:28 am

Agreed. The fact that you didn't underperform on test day compared to your PTs doesn't imply that you studied enough or that you hit your ceiling. With that GPA, you absolutely must retake. If you got to 165 with a couple months of lackluster studying, you can definitely break 170 with the right training. The LSAT subforum is full of great prep tips and high scorers willing to help. Join us, study hard, and go to a T14 for free.

Thanks for this and all the advice along the same lines. I wish I had come across TLS when I was studying the first time around, I'm feeling very motivated for a retake

Blueprint Ben

Postby Blueprint Ben » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:29 am

ddsbutler wrote:

Agreed. The fact that you didn't underperform on test day compared to your PTs doesn't imply that you studied enough or that you hit your ceiling. With that GPA, you absolutely must retake. If you got to 165 with a couple months of lackluster studying, you can definitely break 170 with the right training. The LSAT subforum is full of great prep tips and high scorers willing to help. Join us, study hard, and go to a T14 for free.

Thanks for this and all the advice along the same lines. I wish I had come across TLS when I was studying the first time around, I'm feeling very motivated for a retake

Good choice!
I was a retaker too, and I went up 10+ points from a first score almost the same as yours. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about retake strategies.

Return to “What are my chances?”