178, 3.64 + extenuating circumstances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
unknownlawschool

178, 3.64 + extenuating circumstances

Postby unknownlawschool » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Advice from attorneys aplomb here, nevertheless think this site could be of some use: Stats are 178 3.64

I was falsely accused and indicted for first degree sexual assault, but charges were dropped completely before trial. I have no criminal convicton record. Never have I ever smelt a whiff of something like that because of gravity of offense.

Again, I have spoken to different attorneys on this matter, but their 3 respective hunches are wildly different. Many people recommend if a person is even accused of disorderly conduct to write a contrite letter. In this instance, I never did anything illegal, and DA dropping charges gives my statement more force.

What should I do?

Clyde Frog

Re: 178, 3.64 + extenuating circumstances

Postby Clyde Frog » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Just be honest about it. It was dropped by the DA so I doubt it's as bad as you think. The good news is at a few schools in the T14 (Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Duke, Michigan, and Georgetown), you won't have to disclose any of it.

Here's a link to the C&F requirements by school in the T14. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=235838

unknownlawschool

Postby unknownlawschool » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:18 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:Just be honest about it. It was dropped by the DA so I doubt it's as bad as you think. The good news is at a few schools in the T14 (Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Duke, Michigan, and Georgetown), you won't have to disclose any of it.

Here's a link to the C&F requirements by school in the T14. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=235838

Thank you immensely!!!

Any particular reason YHS seemingly more forgiving than other colleges ranked below? If it's a philosophical difference, then why is it so marked by rank?

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm

unknownlawschool wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:Just be honest about it. It was dropped by the DA so I doubt it's as bad as you think. The good news is at a few schools in the T14 (Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Duke, Michigan, and Georgetown), you won't have to disclose any of it.

Thank you immensely!!!

Any particular reason YHS seemingly more forgiving than other colleges ranked below? If it's a philosophical difference, then why is it so marked by rank?

Relates to the disclosure requirements in the state's bar. If you have no priors and the case was thrown out by the DA, then you're most likely fine.

Return to “What are my chances?”