Question about GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Samus12

Question about GPA

Postby Samus12 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm in my last semester of UG, and depending on how this semester goes, I'll end up with an LSDAS GPA between 3.76-3.79. The difference is whether or not I get a 4.0 like I have the past couple of years. I have all A's now, but with finals coming up, staying about the 95% threshold in two of my classes is grueling while I'm working and studying for the LSAT.
My question is whether it is worth it to kill myself over a .03 GPA difference, or just comfortably ride through the rest of the semester with one or maybe two A-'s. I know that I can still get the 4.0, but if I knew that my cycle later this year wouldn't be terribly affected by the slight GPA difference, I'd allocate more time toward the LSAT, and be far less stressed.
I'm PTing consistently between 167-169, and I hope that by June I can break 170, if not by September. I'd like to apply to all the T-14, so are there schools where the GPA difference would have a large effect? I'm MA-URM by the way, if that helps to assess my situation.

itascot1992

Re: Question about GPA

Postby itascot1992 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Samus12 wrote:I'm in my last semester of UG, and depending on how this semester goes, I'll end up with an LSDAS GPA between 3.76-3.79. The difference is whether or not I get a 4.0 like I have the past couple of years. I have all A's now, but with finals coming up, staying about the 95% threshold in two of my classes is grueling while I'm working and studying for the LSAT.
My question is whether it is worth it to kill myself over a .03 GPA difference, or just comfortably ride through the rest of the semester with one or maybe two A-'s. I know that I can still get the 4.0, but if I knew that my cycle later this year wouldn't be terribly affected by the slight GPA difference, I'd allocate more time toward the LSAT, and be far less stressed.
I'm PTing consistently between 167-169, and I hope that by June I can break 170, if not by September. I'd like to apply to all the T-14, so are there schools where the GPA difference would have a large effect? I'm MA-URM by the way, if that helps to assess my situation.

Focus on the LSAT

ILoveYou

Postby ILoveYou » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Definitely focus on the LSAT. Your GPA is high enough either way that it won't be what holds you back.

West coast schools seem more GPA-crazy than others, but obviously there are exceptions.

MattM

Postby MattM » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:44 pm

Samus12 wrote:I'm in my last semester of UG, and depending on how this semester goes, I'll end up with an LSDAS GPA between 3.76-3.79. The difference is whether or not I get a 4.0 like I have the past couple of years. I have all A's now, but with finals coming up, staying about the 95% threshold in two of my classes is grueling while I'm working and studying for the LSAT.

Especially with URM status, no need to worry about the GPA

CTel92

Postby CTel92 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Get to the LSAT prep. Your GPA is fine. Don't kill yourself over that minute amount.

Return to “What are my chances?”