163 LSAT & 3.3 GPA. What are my chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

163 LSAT & 3.3 GPA. What are my chances?

Postby nnn2108 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:17 pm

LSAT: 163
GPA: 3.3 (rough start freshman and first semester sophomore year, grades have been improving)
School: Columbia University
Major: Psychology
URM: Black (Father (African) from Nigeria, Mother (Black) from USA)

Work Experience: Interned at Large Global Law Firm, Interned at Boutique Securities Law Firm, 3 other substantial internships, Will work for 2-3 years in Real Estate Investing after graduation

Extra-Curriculars: Multicultural Business Association - Project Manager, Founder of a club with 100+ members, Founder of Fitness Organization in DC, few other clubs and organizations.

Recommendations: 1 from the former president of Columbia, 1 from managing partner at boutique firm, 1 from hiring partner at global law firm, a few other options as well.

Highest Practice Score: 165
Used majority of tests after test 33 to study.

What schools are likely in my reach?
Should I retake, and if so when?
What schools should I not even bother applying to?

I started out with my journey to Law school saying T-14 or bust, and I've heard you should stick with whatever you said your limits were going to be, so that's what I'm shooting for.

Re: 163 LSAT & 3.3 GPA. What are my chances?

Postby BearsintheRafters » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:27 pm

Head on over to the URM forum, in particular the URM 2014-2015 Cycle Thread. That will give you some perspective on your chances. You'll probably see there that many URM's get into the T14 every year with those numbers.

Most people will probably tell you to re-take. I would suggest re-taking if you think you can do better on the test. Each point on the test will push you into a better range of schools and a larger scholarship offer.

Postby lurkerlarry » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:27 pm

prepare to get your ass chewed out man.

Ron Don Volante

Postby Ron Don Volante » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:33 pm

lurkerlarry wrote:prepare to get your ass chewed out man.

well he as like an actually legitimate question as opposed to your special snowflake thread that doesn't fit the forum rules (White dude who's not a splitter with no incredible softs (you) = nothing we can't tell you that you can't figure out for yourself with three minutes of work).

Postby amw342 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:54 pm

I would guess that you would get into the lower t-14 with your numbers (GULC, Cornell, NU, Michigan, Duke). Once you start approaching the mid t-14 though (Penn, Virgina, Berkeley) it would be less likely. Anything in the T6 would be quite difficult with a 3.3. Boost your LSAT to high 160s and you would have good scholarship offers throughout t-14.

Return to “What are my chances?”